View Full Version : Vodafone Live - Free Trailers?

3GScottishUser
11th September 2005, 09:04 PM
I must admit I am pretty impressed with the content on Vodfafone Live so far.

I have managed to download some free movie trailers, get the news, weather, comedy and other fairly interesting stuff.

Lately I have been dipping in for more free trailers. They advertise them on their homepage, 'Latest Free Trailers'. Its changed now though as the link takes you to a choice of 3 movies (used to only be one free option), but when you select your chosen free trailer you get hit with the option to join the Vodafone Movie Club - free for the first month then £3/month thereafter.

The above is a bit sneaky as the offer is quite different from the previous offer. I dont think free should be conditional on one signing up for recurring fees.

Hopefully Vodafone will offer a variety of video across the range for a single monthly fee as separate charging for movies, comedy, news etc can mount up to quite a lot and often they dont have a single event charge option.

What do others think of the use of 'trial periods' being referred to as free?

Vote in the poll and lets have your views and comments below.

Ben
11th September 2005, 09:24 PM
Trial periods should never be advertised as just free. Just like a 'free ringtone' shouldn't be advertised as free when it comes as part of a weekly subscription setup.

Vodafone Live's subscription models are a little rigid. Users need the ability to pick-and-mix what content they view, otherwise the monetary cost of subscribing to news, music, trailers and god knows what else will remain prohibitive.

It's good if you know what you like, you know what you want, and you want a way to enjoy that as much as possible, but the a la carte user is being alienated at the same time.

Jon3G
12th September 2005, 09:26 AM
I have found that you can cancel these in the "My account" section on Vodafone live. I think its clear enough and its just the same as AOL who say first month free. Once you get to the sign up pages it clearly states first month free and then the user has a choice to either accept or decline