View Full Version : Videocalling to orange

Frasman77
12th September 2005, 10:22 PM
Has anyone experienced any difficulty receiving video calls from other networks to their orange phone?

My girlfriend has a samsung z500 on O2. I can videocall her no problems. However almost every time she tries to call me she gets a 'network busy' message and can't get through. Voice calls and eveything else works fine.
the woman I spoke to refused to believe that O2 didn't have a 3g service ("we haven't had confirmation yet!") I gave up at that point - didn't exactly fill me with confidence that they had a clue what they were talking about.

Could this be an issue with my handset? Haven't had the opportunity to ask the one other person I know with a 3g handset to try videocalling me.

Ben
12th September 2005, 10:25 PM
Hmm. You could call 350 and see if someone will try a video call to you from Orange? I've not had any problems (that I know of) receiving video calls on Orange from 3, Vodafone or other Orange phones. Not tried O2.

I'm doubting it's a handset issue, but let us know more as you find out!

3g-g
12th September 2005, 10:45 PM
Strange you should mention that Frasman77, I've had a couple of network busy messages over the last couple of days, and they were all Orange to Orange calls, so I don't think it's a handset issue on your part. I've just received a new handset... so I'd doubt it's that.

Just out of interest, what type of coverage are you in, as in, is it a full 3G signal?

I shall try and find out more... Let us know if it persists.

3GScottishUser
12th September 2005, 11:01 PM
I can sit in a room at home and videocall from Vodafone to 02 - no problem.... but not vice versa even with the same handsets in the same situation a few seconds later - bizzare or what?

Frasman77
13th September 2005, 01:18 PM
My signal strength is OK, almost full bars. The 02 phone has flaky reception, but it's good enough for me to video call to it, just not the other way round.

Oddly, the message she gets is 'number busy', as if I am on the phone, followed by 'network busy'.

I might try getting someone from orange to do a test videocall.