View Full Version : Motorola RAZR V3x

Hands0n
13th September 2005, 10:47 PM
A bit late this ..... but I only recently came across it .....

If you are a regular reader of Mobile Gazette then you have seen this phone before. The Motorola RAZR V3x appears to be nothing more than a renamed Motorola V1150 with a silver case instead of a black one.

Motorola RAZR V3x open If you're not familiar with the V1150/RAZR V3x, this is a 3G handset very much in the style of the original RAZR but much, much bigger. Originally announced in March 2005, this anticipated release date of late 2005 still means that this handset is some way off.

Full article at --> http://www.mobilegazette.com/motorola-razr-v3x.htm

I've quite liked the RAZR for its style and size. It'll be interesting to see what Motorola finally release the V3x as. Will it be a 4Q offering as speculated in the article? Are Motorola really losing it at the moment? They certainly are not inspiring too much awe (and that from me .... a recent convert to Motorola [it all started with an E1000] ..... perhaps I should go back to my pre-convert state where I disliked their kit immensely!!). Bah!

miffed
14th September 2005, 08:11 AM
size ? I have only had limited experience with V3's but my perception of them it that they are HUGE !! OK they are thin , but what they lack in depth they more than make up in width

I am not adverse to a large phone (got a nokia 9500 , they don't come much larger !) but then that does absolutely everything , whereas the V3's capabilities are limited to say the least

And you say the V3x will be even BIGGER ? - this is one for me to avoid I think :)

HutchRULEz
14th September 2005, 04:02 PM
I agree with you miffed, the V3 is a fat little bugger (width). I would like a V1150 (or v3x whatever you wanna call it) but I personally don't think its worth the price tag.

I used to have a 9500 too miffed! The bulk in my trouser pocket started to become embarassing so I opted for the xda iis, with wm2k5 of course. OK, I dont think the v1150 is of that scale but size really does matter!!!

3GScottishUser
16th September 2005, 09:46 AM
Now confirmed that the Razr V3x (UMTS) will be available as a non-exclusive handset in the Vodafone range for Christmas 2005.

It is one of 15 new handsets (10 exclusives) that Vodafone will be offering at various price points.

joffa81
4th October 2005, 10:02 AM
the motorola v3x or v1150 is supposed to be comming to three uk this month (october) as well as vodafone

Ben
4th October 2005, 02:50 PM
Welcome to Talk3G joffa81!

I'm sure the v3x will make a welcome addition to 3's range of Moto's. It might even be available for free (with nearly free line rental by redemption) on e2save in time for Christmas! ;)