View Full Version : Tarriff blunder

miffed
14th September 2005, 09:23 PM
Not really a 3G issue - but still a Vodafone CS issue nonetheless

Had my Vodafone contract a month now and just got my first bill

Instead of the £8 I was expecting for half price evenings and weekend 1000 (half price for 6 months) - I got a nice bill for £58 for Anytime 200 + 250 texts !

Rang Vodafone - got told by their CS "oh dear ,that is the tarrif we have on our records , not our problem ,phone your dealer and sort it out with them , but to be honest it sounds like you've been ripped off "

So I ring the dealer , who confirms I should have been on E & W 1000 , and claimed they do not even sell the tarrif I have been put on ! and will contact Vodafone and get it sorted - haven't heard back yet !

What annoys me is Vodafones "it's not our problem" stance ! surely , even if the dealer has "ripped me off" that dealer was Vodafones agent ?
And as I have all various order acknowledgents , receipts & despatch notes confirming that is was supposed to be on an £8 per month tarrif - no court in the land would rule that I should be tied to a contract of higher value ?

I did put this to the CS rep and even he agreed !

Jon3G
15th September 2005, 09:45 AM
I have found Vodafone CS very helpful in the past and if you are nice with them and not arrogant you make progress. I recently went to the Maldives on Honeymoon (NO GPRS THERE) and I was billed for calls that I could not have made becuase I was still in the plane at that time. Total bill for calls abroad was £70.54p and at first they offered me the standard £10 good will gesture, which I didnt accept because the calls listed before I landed came to £13 odd. So the nice girl credited me back £50 more than half of the calls.

My advice for you is too:

Get your contract and check it says the correct tariff. If the contract states the correct tariff, then contact Voda CS and offer to fax over the contract as proof. Vodafone are very helpful and will put this right for you if you have a genuine argument

If the contract does not state correct tariff, then you need to speak to the dealer. Vodafone are right in saying that the dealer needs to sort it out and you did sign the contract afterall. Vodafone are simply the provider and you bought the product from a 3rd party agent and Voda cant accept liability for a 3rd partys sales tactics.

Its like buying a Ford car from a car supermarket that is independant from Ford. You get sold a car and you get ripped off with the APR, then its the dealer who you would take it up with.

Its your contract that makes all the difference and this needs to be used when talking with Vodafone or the dealer.

My advice as always is to buy directly from the official Network shops or from the network direct.

Let us know how you get on

miffed
16th September 2005, 02:13 PM
My contract does state the correct tarrif ! thats what annoys me , as far as I am concerned that should be enough for them to put it right , but they were insisting that I should sort this out with my dealer ,
But the way I look at it - if I were to breach that contract , I bet Vodafone would consider themselves involved then !

Anyway - further development

I phoned handset logistics (yet again) , they still denied any knowledge of a mix up and maintained I had to pay the bill - I told them I had sought legal advice (little white lie) and that as they were billing me on different terms to those in my contract , that they had effectively breached the contract and that I am now seeking to have the contract nulled on the basis of their breach
literally 5 minutes later the same lady from Handset logistics (Louise) rang me back (first time anyone has bothered to call me back , despite promises to ) and told me they have worked out what went wrong and will put it right straight away , and I will receive an amended bill in the next few days !

So that little game of bluff worked ! (thank christ !)

I must say I am not impressed with Vodafone CS so far though - as it seemed threatening legal action (which to be honest, I though would not have any effect ) was the only way to get them to spring into action

3GScottishUser
16th September 2005, 02:39 PM
Sort of simlilar to my experience when I added Passport to an On-Line tariff and they changed it to 'Anytime 200' and disposed of my 1/2 price line rental and free texts.

Took 2 calls to resolve the issue but credit to them they did the business and apologised, even called me back to confirm the adjustments made to the account. Nice to feel that one's business is valued.

miffed
23rd September 2005, 09:07 AM
Hmmm, they appear to have sorted out the tarrif for next month , but until that bill arrives there is no way of telling if they have credited me properly

I also found by logging on to "My Vodafone" - that they have included a free "extra pack" - nice gesture , but I do wonder if anyone was actually going to bother telling me about it ! otherwise the chances are I wouldn't have used any of it anyway

I have to say , My experience of Vodafone CS so far is similar to what I have come to expect from Three :(

The Nokia 9500 is equipped to send and receive faxes directly to the handset (not just to "manage" them via an inbox ) , Now, on Orange all I had to do was phone 150 and they gave me a dedicated fax number there and then
The first time I spoke to Voda the lady told me she understood exactly what I wanted to do , and I would have to set up "Vodafone mail" to acheive this and adjust the settings therein - absolute rubbish ! there was only an option to print your faxes to a machine , not receive them on the phone :(

So I sent CS an e-mail , and got a reply (after four days!) telling me if I ring CS they will allocate me a number -but they are unable to do this by mail - Fair enough , so I ring CS , and the rep tells me that they offer no such service and starts going on about Vodafone mail again :( - I then tell him that I want to speak to the CS rep that answered my mail , he asks me to hold , and then I am sent on a 28 minute cycle of -

" get through to someone ---- explain ALL the details ---- (including about 5 pieces of security info)----- get told I need to speak to someone else ----- get put on hold (begin cycle again ) " - I think it is possible I spoke to everyone that works for Vodafone UK ! one of which was a welshman who seemed to think the whole situation was hilarious

Anyway , the last lady says , OK we'll allocate you a number , it is 07********* !

After all that !

Seriously - all they are missing is the Indian accents :mad:

Ben
23rd September 2005, 02:35 PM
Orange are definitely more on the ball when it comes to data/fax stuff - they have a department for it and they're all spot-on!

Vodafone is much more of a mixed bag... but I've very very rarely called Vodafone because, providing everything on your account etc is set up how you need it, things very rarely go wrong.