View Full Version : N70 info

cambridgew10
17th September 2005, 08:19 PM
Hi guys, it feels great to know that im not the only one to spend time in m/phone shops asking about the N70...my g/friend had enogh of it. anyw i was due to uprade with orange two days ago, but im definet. waiting for the N70...call it love/obsession. I have got a friend that will travel to Thailand/Indonesia at the beginning of October and i asked him to keep an eye for me for the N70. does anyone know if they are compatible with the English Networks :confused: ???? i have got a funny feeling that the only way im gonna see one of them anytime soon will be only if i buy it somewhere else outside the UK. Please help :cool:

Ben
17th September 2005, 08:53 PM
One thing I'd say first is that you don't have to upgrade straight away just because your 12 months are up. If I were you I'd hold out a little longer and see what the run up to Christmas will bring.

Vodafone will definitely be carrying the N70 soon - they'll probably be the first network to have it out in the UK and it should be out in plenty of time before Christmas. A few weeks after it'll probably turn up on Orange and the others. SIM-Free... well, you might be lucky and find it soon online - the N90 is everywhere - or you might not... time will tell!

I can't advise you on buying an Indonesian model, you'd have to take your chances. If the specs are the same then it should work.

Welcome to Talk3G!

Nosskibird
18th September 2005, 08:17 AM
Thanks Ben, thats good to know because I have also come to the end of another 12 month contract with o2 and was initially looking at the 6680. Obviously it is worth waiting for the N70 instead but as you say Voda and Orange will prob have it first. Just for the record o2 want to charge me £99.99 to upgrade to the 6680 even though its only £29.99 to new customers! I think a bit of negotiation is in order. :p

Ben
18th September 2005, 02:01 PM
Hey Nosskibird, welcome to Talk3G!

I do agree that it probably is worth waiting now. The 6680 is one hell of a phone, but like with all electronics it's hard to justify buying one when the new model is just around the corner. Sometimes, if the model currently available does everything you need and there's a reasonable price difference, it can be worth it - but like most of us here you probably want the latest bit of kit! ;)

The whole concept of 'upgrading' is still plain silly. My Orange bills have been an average of £60-£70 over the last 6 months or so and they still want an £88.12 upgrade fee on top of a handset fee (£129.99 for a K600i?!) even though I'm at the end of my contract... I've been with them for years... I'd be really angry if I actually wanted an upgrade!

getti
18th September 2005, 03:03 PM
O2 are due to get stock of the Nokia N70 around about the 25th of THIS month (Sept) aparantly

cambridgew10
18th September 2005, 05:07 PM
Thanks Ben for your info.

im definetly going to wait for the handset. Im also a bit annoyed by Orange policy on upgrades :mad: Its funny though coz i always had my upgrades for free through my local Europhone shop. Now the phone im currently using is the S/E K700i, which i got from them. i have never been so disappointed about a phone as im with this. Initially i thought that Europhone gave me a bad handset, but i later discoverthat a friend of mine had the same problems with his K700i. So i'll wait for the N70 to come out and also check the deals in both Orange and Europhone shops.

Lets hope its gonna be soon. I want to give the boot to my K700i, i had enough, its such a nightmare. :mad:

Nosskibird
20th September 2005, 12:29 AM
getti you got more out of o2 than I did then! Their website says available Oct but on the phone yesterday they said a date hadn't been finalised and it has to go through product testing etc etc excuse me while i fall asleep.......

Ben i'm glad i'm not the only one who gets treated worse as an existing customer. Maybe Orange need to go back and talk to the wise man!

I'm prepared to change my service provider anyhow so will keep looking on here incase someone spots the N70 released anywhere :)

Nosskibird
23rd September 2005, 06:06 PM
Just received this reply to my email from the Carphone Warehouse and it corresponds with their website update in the 'coming soon' section.

"Thank you for your e-mail regarding Nokia N70.

I'm afraid the launch of this handset has now been deferred until the month of November of this year. At the moment we don't have information on which network it shall be available on as this will be told to us by the concerned network later. However, I would recommend you visit our website www.carphonewarehouse.com again in the near future to get an up to date information on new deals.

If you need any more help, please reply back to [email protected] or call our Sales team on 0800 0490 049.

Regards
Harshika Swarup
Correspondence Department"

:mad:

solo12002
23rd September 2005, 10:19 PM
What is it with Nokia?

Details of new mobiles released almost a year ago and they still delay them on top of that they have now got in to the F ing habit of releasing one model then a few months later releasing another with an i in front of it, me thinks NOKIA is losing the grip on mobile phones, I mean one has only to look at the Z500 and the Z140 for cam phone, Nokia still cant put any thing out like them. the last two or three cam phones they did released looked like S@@@!

whatleydude
24th September 2005, 07:40 AM
I'll let you know what happens with Vodafone in October I guess!