View Full Version : Nokia 6630 Music - 6630 redone!

Hands0n
20th September 2005, 12:12 AM
The Nokia 6630 Music is a repackaging of the standard Nokia 6630 handset which has been around for the best part of a year.

Nokia have enhanced the 6630 by installing an improved music player, and bundling a 256Mb RSMMC memory card, stereo jack adapter and compact card reader into the package, and have cosmetically tweaked it to come in "Rustic Red" and "Aluminium Grey" colour schemes.

More from here --> http://www.mobilegazette.com/nokia-6630-music-050919.htm

whatleydude
20th September 2005, 07:39 AM
Lol.

That's all mental.
I remember arguing with the dude in a 6630 focus group about having a 3.5mm jack would be the best thing for the phone... and now they've done it officially!
Brilliant!
Nokia Listen!

One problem though.

Aside from the compact card reader, I've got all of that already and more!
(512mb card)
lol..

What do you think?
Is it just a stop gap to last until the N91 is release?
Do you think the 'improved music player' will be available for download from the nokia website for the existing N6630 users?
Like ME for instance!?

This is all very bizarre..

gorilla
20th September 2005, 12:26 PM
I think this is all just marketing at it's best. It's a response to the Moto ROKR. That said it's a good step for Nokia to take. I for one happily listen to podcasts and music on my 6680. I'll be interested to find out more on the improved music player.

whatleydude
4th October 2005, 05:06 PM
FYI Folks,

I emailed Nokia yesterday asking them if the 'improved' MP3 player for the 6630Music will be available to download as an .sis file.. this is what they said:

Dear Mr Whatley

Thank you for contacting Nokia Helpline.

With regard to your email concerning the Nokia 6630 music handset, we can advise that the software on the new handset is not available to download from our website. The 6630 music phone is a different handset which contains different software and hardware in the sales package.

Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any further questions.

Yours sincerely,

Nokia Service Professional
UK & Ireland Team
Nokia Helpline

So..
There you go!
No new MP3 player for you unless you get the 6630Music.
Bhouf.

hecatae
15th October 2005, 12:23 PM
http://www.fullmaza.com/downloads/download.php?cat=21&pic=2018

just download and install, it's the same as the n90's music player.

new hardware? false