View Full Version : Games for a 6680 on 3

tony5101
20th September 2005, 01:35 PM
Hi All,

Games are not my normal thing, but I'm travelling a lot with work at the moment and I could do with something to while away the hours on the train!

Every time I try to download a game from the 3 site, I just get a message that my handset is not compatible. Is this correct, or could I have screwed up settings on my phone? :confused:

TIA,

Tony

whatleydude
20th September 2005, 03:28 PM
I know this doesn't help much with the immediate problem, but have you tried installing games via Nokia PC Suite?

If that doesn't work then its something to do with your phone settings.

If it does, then its Three's problem.

tony5101
21st September 2005, 10:14 AM
Not tried the smart suite - but don't have anything to download from there anyway.
It's just a pain, as you can't even go to someone else to purchase and then download - looks like I'm stuck with having nothing for the moment.

Tony :mad:

Ben
21st September 2005, 10:23 AM
Hey Tony, welcome to Talk3G!

I use a Z1010 on 3pay. While it's not an official handset, I've been able to browse the 3 area in the past using the LG settings. Now, however, I can't access anything - I also get told that my handset is not compatible when I know full well that it is.

So, perhaps this is something gone wrong at Three's end. I'd imagine it's worth emailing [email protected] with a description of the problem to see if they have a decent answer for you.

whatleydude
21st September 2005, 10:41 AM
Failing that Tony - PM me and I'll email you some freeware games to try via PC Suite.
No problemo..

tony5101
21st September 2005, 10:41 AM
Thanks Ben -

I'll give that a go - if I get a decent response, I'll post the details.

Cheers,

Tony

tony5101
21st September 2005, 10:42 AM
Thanks Whatleydude!

Tony

whatleydude
21st September 2005, 10:50 AM
No problemo..
See above!
:)

Just PM me your email address if you have no success and I'll drop you some stuff over to try out..

If they work, then I'll point you in the right direction to getting some more.

Hands0n
22nd September 2005, 12:46 AM
Hey Tony, welcome to Talk3G!

I use a Z1010 on 3pay. While it's not an official handset, I've been able to browse the 3 area in the past using the LG settings. Now, however, I can't access anything - I also get told that my handset is not compatible when I know full well that it is.

You could try this url ripped from my kids pal's SE K608i

http://mobile.three.co.uk/hb/k608/HutchKey

Hands0n
22nd September 2005, 12:48 AM
@Tony5101 - you may also find that N-Gage games work well on the 6680.