View Full Version : One Vodafone?

Ben
22nd September 2005, 06:03 PM
From what I can gauge, One Vodafone enables Vodafone to consolidate IT and Customer Service operations into single (or fewer) operations centres across the world. It sounds like, from a customer perspective, it could mean talking to a Vodafone representative who is not necessarily in your country - though this conflicts slightly with what I'd heard about having localised points of contact.

What it does mean, if executed properly which I can only assume it is being, is that Vodafone can roll out new products and services simultaneously across many markets as fewer IT centres and customer contact centres need to be prepared.

It sounds very much like Vodafone are trying increasingly to stitch together their global business now. An early customer advantage of this can be seen in Passport, but I'm certain that's only the beginning. Vodafone really have a chance to leverage their size to create efficiencies that will benefit us all.

There's some more info here (http://networks.silicon.com/mobile/0,39024665,39152025,00.htm) starting about half way down if you feel like a read... feel free to discuss!