View Full Version : Samsung 3G i-mode phone

3GScottishUser
26th September 2005, 12:53 PM
Here is the technical spec of the new 02 Samsung SGH-Z320i i-mode 3G Phone. It will be available from 1st October on both pre and post paid deals.

Samsung SGH - Z320i

• 3G Slider phone
• 262k Colour Screen
• Video calling
• 1.3 Megapixel camera
• Multimedia Player with Dual external speakers
• 100mb internal Memory
• Stereo Bluetooth
• Internal Antenna
• Quadband
• i-mode
• Weight – 105g
• 97 x 48 x 22.5mm

Only a small image available presently - below.

whatleydude
26th September 2005, 12:55 PM
What is i-mode?!

Ben
26th September 2005, 03:27 PM
It's a bit like WAP... but full colour pages that are designed to work on mobiles. The idea is that companies create an i-mode site in addition to their normal websites so i-mode customers can easily place orders, manage bank accounts etc etc on their phones and enjoy a seamless experience regardless of the model.

It's been very popular in other markets!

whatleydude
26th September 2005, 04:03 PM
Ahh...

Cool!

Cheers ears.

I've never heard of it before.

getti
26th September 2005, 06:39 PM
Im have got one of the new I-Mode phones coming in for review next week. Hopefully it will be the one posted above because it does seem the best one

@NickyColman
26th September 2005, 09:58 PM
Judging by the size, look and spec of that Samsung, i suspect it will sell like hot cakes!! Its a perfect 3G handset, small, light and technically superior!

3g-g
26th September 2005, 11:58 PM
I tell ya, Samsung are the mutts for 3G handsets just now. I've always liked the D500, and if this is half as popular they'll fly out the door.

As Hands0n mentioned in another post they're (Samsung) also running a billboard advertising campaign just now for the Z500, just a generic punt with the line "imagine 3G in your size" and a clothing style "XS" tag attached, if memory serves, it can only be good for the operators that are offering that handset.

I had a play with an Orange branded Z500 last week and I'm extremely impressed, a perfect size and with all the features you could ask for! Although, Orange signature phone SW abounds within... Not that Joe Public notices I've found, the girl who's phone it was just presumed that's the way things should be! Perhaps us purists are just being to picky!?

Hands0n
30th September 2005, 06:51 AM
Here's more detail from Mobile Gazette http://www.mobilegazette.com/samsung-z320i-050930.htm

The Samsung Z320i is a 3G i-mode handset available on the O2 network, due for release on or after 1st October 2005 in the UK. It's currently the top of the range of O2's i-mode devices, and it's an interesting handset in its own right.