View Full Version : good phone. very sexy in black!

3SellerNW
26th September 2005, 03:12 PM
good phone. very sexy in black.

prefer it to 6680.

vid ringtones cool too!

3GScottishUser
26th September 2005, 03:23 PM
Dont you think that those LG clones have had their day?

Here is an interesting set of comments from a review of the latest LG's from Mobile Today.

"It’s been more than a year since Mobile’s Retailer Review panel unanimously declared LG’s U8110 as its first 3G hero handset, and since then the Korean manufacturer’s range of 3G clamshells have proved to be good sellers.

The workhorse U8110 and U8120 in particular helped carry 3’s rapid expansion forward, providing a handset to complement the network’s heavy subsidies and discounted tariffs.

The U8360 is an attempt to update 3’s old stalwart handset for today’s much more competitive 3G market, and it represents a significant update to the series. The manufacturer has equipped the phone with Bluetooth, expandable memory and a buffed-up 1.3-megapixel camera – all key features that were sorely missed on previous models. But while the U8360 is certainly an impressively specced device, has it arrived too late to set sales on fire?

The last few months have shown that 3G handsets can compete with their 2.5G counterparts in terms of both style and functionality, not least thanks to recent releases from Samsung, Sony Ericsson and Nokia. But while LG’s first 3G clamshell was declared a hit partly because of its looks, the manufacturer’s design template hasn’t aged well.

The U8360 looks almost ancient when compared with its contemporary competitors, and the collective shrug offered up by the retail panel when informed of this week’s task provides a good indication of what’s wrong with the phone.

While it features all the bells and whistles associated with high-end handsets, the panel just can’t find anything to get very excited about. ‘It’s just another LG,’ says Bingham. ‘At first glance it seems exactly the same as my old U8110.’

[...]

Garcia argues that the feature-rich handset may well appeal to customers who aren’t very fussed about looks, but selling it to others will prove difficult – especially when the U8360 is lined up next to its competitors: ‘People look at the K608i or 6680 and say “cool”,’ he explains. ‘But with this, all you will
hear is, “that’s the same as my old one, and I don’t like that”.’

The experts

Karl Bingham, Phoneline, Coventry
‘There’s just too much competition around.’

John Garcia, Fone Vision, Wimbledon
‘A definite improvement, but customers are looking for something more interesting.’

Bryn Glassford, Arachnacom, Cumbria
‘Not very exciting, but it does the job.’

Shiraz Ahmed, Concept Communications, Bradford
‘A high-spec phone with a budget design.’

VERDICT:?MAYBE
Nice specs, but a design overhaul is desperately needed

Full Review: http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/artman-test/publish/article_756.shtml

Ben
26th September 2005, 03:24 PM
It's certainly well spec'd - Three customers used to the LG's should find it an obvious choice for an upgrade. I do agree with Mobile's review though in that the design is getting a little quaint! Their review is here: http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/artman-test/publish/article_756.shtml

With bluetooth, expandable memory and a 1.3mp camera I don't really think you can go wrong! I'd still take the 6680 if only for Series 60, but it's a welcome addition to the range. Does it sell well?

Edit: LoL 3GSU, beat me to the link!

3SellerNW
26th September 2005, 03:29 PM
It's certainly well spec'd - Three customers used to the LG's should find it an obvious choice for an upgrade. I do agree with Mobile's review though in that the design is getting a little quaint! Their review is here: http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/artman-test/publish/article_756.shtml

With bluetooth, expandable memory and a 1.3mp camera I don't really think you can go wrong! I'd still take the 6680 if only for Series 60, but it's a welcome addition to the range. Does it sell well?

Edit: LoL 3GSU, beat me to the link!

Hi Ben

I have sold and upgraded lots of these phones, always in black cos it looks nicer. Customer feedback so far has been excellent.

Early days, but we will see, eh...