View Full Version : Milestone?

3togone
26th September 2005, 04:47 PM
I've still got my A830 although it has been parked in a drawer for a while now...

Personally I think this phone should be regarded as a classic - warts and all - considering it was Motorola's first entry to the UMTS market. It's also worth bearing in mind that the camera can be removed so if you visit places where cameras (and camera phones) are specifically banned then you can take it along... :cool:

Ben
26th September 2005, 05:55 PM
I never owned one! I considered it though, back at the time.

I have an old e606 in a drawer, which I consider to be 'the' classic 3G handset in the UK. The Moto could get the runner-up for first phone that actually worked! ;) Does the camera come off easily? That's a pretty damn smart idea...

3togone
26th September 2005, 06:51 PM
Yes - there are two battery covers, one with cam, one without :D

It came with a 32 meg SD card (takes up to 1 gig), two batteries and a nice desktop charger which works with the A835.

3SellerNW
26th September 2005, 07:48 PM
Yes - there are two battery covers, one with cam, one without :D

It came with a 32 meg SD card (takes up to 1 gig), two batteries and a nice desktop charger which works with the A835.

Hehe.

I sold and own lots of A835s, so I missed out on the A830. I actually loved that phone, apart from the size of course. Powerful for it's time, with 64mb on board.