View Full Version : 3 UK Bottoms On Customer Satisfaction Survey

3GScottishUser
27th September 2005, 05:27 PM
From Cellular News - 27/09/2005:

3 UK Bottoms On Customer Satisfaction Survey

39 million UK adults now own a mobile phone, spending on average US$36.40 per month on their bills. Now that mobile penetration is so high, the future market will be overwhelmingly that of churners rather than subscribers, according to Continental Research's Autumn 2005 Mobile Report.

Continental Research, which has been analysing the mobile phone industry for the past 13 years, has found that growth of one mobile network will almost invariably be at the expense of another and that the main challenge for the networks is to retain their own customers, whilst poaching others from rival networks. This competitive situation has become even more so with the arrival of the new network 3. The choice of network that customers would switch to varies quite considerably by network, as the table 1 below shows.

James Myring, associate director at Continental Research, said: "Orange and Vodafone customers would be particularly likely to switch to each other, and are less interested than other network customers in T-Mobile. In comparison to other networks more T-Mobile subscribers (13%) would choose 3. Likewise 3 customers expressed above average interest in T-Mobile. The correlation between 3 and T-Mobile is interesting. Both these networks have pushed hard on price as a way to attract subscribers."

To retain customers and prevent churn, it appears the networks have invested heavily in customer service. All networks, with the exception of 3, score very highly with 95% or more of their customers being either very or fairly satisfied with the service they receive from their network.

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/14207.php

Ben
27th September 2005, 05:38 PM
To be expected really. It'll be interesting to compare this to statistics in a few years time to see how they're improving.

It's a shame that 3 didn't get CS right from the outset. I think the extra investment there would've saved them and their customers a lot of aggro, and given the amount Hutchison has invested it's a little sad they didn't go the extra step.

Still, given the tariff prices etc I doubt many customers go to Three expecting excellent customer service. I think it's pretty well known now that their CS isn't the best.

The best advice has to be 'buy from a good dealer'!

3SellerNW
27th September 2005, 05:59 PM
...The best advice has to be 'buy from a good dealer'!

:) :) :)
Ta ;)

Hands0n
27th September 2005, 07:32 PM
Actcherly that is what I did (no not the Plink who are more abysmal than 3's CS itself!) but a local Injun lad - very persuasive he was, but cut a good deal also.

I had to deal with 3's CS earlier this year [for my daugher's Threepay e338 which is now consigned to the box with its defunct USIM] and predictably they were as dire as they were at and after launch (for all the reasons that I walked originally).

I enjoy using 3's automated CS functions and they really need to get these enhanced to cover a wider scope (their longer term intention I read somewhere). The sooner reliance on Mumbai CS can be minimised or eliminated altogether the better for 3's business, the better for 3's Customers.

Get a move on 3.