View Full Version : Today is the last day for free Videocalling on Vodafone

Hands0n
30th September 2005, 06:57 AM
Awwwww poo. I've had a bit of fun with the free Videocalling promotion from Vodafone. But I guess it really did have to end!

Like the bloke with the first Fax machine it has been a bit of a limited exercise - perhaps Vodafone should have delayed the promotion until 1Q/2006. Because, if they've used this period to assess the likely demand for Videocalling they'll probably get largely unfavourable results. The liquidity in 3G handsets is not going to have been anywhere near enough to cause the promotion to be used by much of their current customer base. I may be wrong, and it would be interesting to find out how much Videocalling has been used during the free trial period.

But all the same, good on Vodafone for trying with such a splendid [free] offering. Now lets see the tariff for Videocalling drop to more reasonable [and affordable] levels.

getti
30th September 2005, 09:24 AM
3's promo ends today too so back to 50p a min video calling :mad:

3GScottishUser
30th September 2005, 10:48 AM
That'll be the end of videocalling for lots of folks then.

Must admit I hav'nt used the facility much and wont miss it really. I've been using inclusive minutes and even making landline calls because videocalling is just too much bother.

I suspect we will see more promotional activity for videocalling in the future because at the current rates it's a dead duck.