View Full Version : New Motorola 3G Razr

3GScottishUser
2nd October 2005, 08:19 PM
It's coming on various networks before Christmas allegedly.

Question is will it be that appealing?

I suspect it will do OK but wont become a huge seller because it suffers from the same problem as the current crop of upgraded LG's. It looks exactly the same and does very little more than it's GSM counterpart which was bought in massive quantities over the last year.

I hope it does do well and it will give 3G another good design but I suspect those coming to the end of a contract with a GSM RAZR V3 will most probably want to upgrade (or just change) to something a bit different. Problem for the 3G Razr might be that all of those who really liked the design has already bought it.

Ben
3rd October 2005, 02:14 AM
Die hard Moto fans are going to love it, that's a given. I mean, the A1000 and E1000 did pretty well, and IMHO they're the most vulgar handsets I've ever seen in my entire life!

I'm not entirely convinced though... but I really couldn't predict how well it'll do. I'm sure it'll sell, but I don't think it'll be the phenomenon that the GSM RAZR was.

Hands0n
3rd October 2005, 09:12 PM
Oi Ben, not so hard on the E1000 - luverly phone that is and what drew me back to 3 . I've got an A1000 at the mo and its more functional for me in what I want of a converged handset.

Back on topic - the 3G RAZR V3. I posted a link on this earlier on last month. It is described as being a bit thicker than the 2.5G variant.

While taking both of your points my feeling is that the 3G RAZR V3 will score for those who liked the original design, but who are now wanting the enhanced network facilities that 3G has on offer - faster downloads, videocalling/messaging, yadda yadda yadda etc....

Other than that, I personally think the V3 rather sucks at the practical level. That darned keypad! It looks fabulous. But when I had a five-minute play with one I couldn't give it back to the owner quickly enough! Yuk!!!

whatleydude
4th October 2005, 08:56 AM
I agree with you about the V3 mate.

Nice to look at but thats about it.

People keep getting them in my office.. its bizarre.
I slate them left right and centre.. but people KEEP buying them.

superfakename
12th October 2005, 06:27 PM
http://www.vodafone-emailme.co.uk/vfemailme/coming_soon.jsp

I-tunes???????

Ben
12th October 2005, 07:45 PM
Hmm, curious! First I've heard!

joffa81
15th October 2005, 09:30 PM
i think this phone looks class (i prefer it in black) i have been a fan of motorola phones for a long time and the razr design range is the most inovitive ive seen in recent months (remember motorola was the first to design a clamshell phone and now everyone copies them) also lg phones have too many problems to even be considered good (i had a lg u8110 which would never pick up a signal ) and a lg u8120 (same problem as the u8110) before that i used motorolas (a t720) and had no problems.

this phone will be one of the best on three for build quality (along with all other motorolas on three) and i feel its about time another motorola clamshell phone was released on three and it being a member of the razr family makes it even better .