View Full Version : Google on 3 Mobile Internet

Saint
3rd October 2005, 04:05 PM
Hi,
Initially when 3 introduced mobile internet add-on for £2.50 a month or 5Mb I snapped up the option and am quite satisfied with it. I was able to use Google on it for a few days and then suddenly it just stopped working with the browser being re-directed to 3's mobile site where they ask you to nominate a website for text. I find this quite annoying that after letting the users use Google for a while 3 takes it away. Has anyone else faced this issue? I have been using Opera v8 for S60 and it is really cool except that it doesn't display the MSN Messenger contacts in multiple lines. It displays them all in a single line!

Also has anyone been able to use Yahoo!Messenger on 3? The option is there but there is no page for it!

solo12002
3rd October 2005, 10:38 PM
Following on from your question, can you access goggle mail/gmail using the three E Mail add on, if so do you need other settings?

I have a Goggle E Mail account I like to access while away from home and NHS has blocked most E Mail sites.

Ben
4th October 2005, 03:09 AM
Google (search) is a bit pointless really given that the vast majority of search results returned will be blocked by Three. Sounds like they decided it was a bit of a silly idea :\

a_ukboy
6th October 2005, 07:33 AM
Google search was brilliant on Three, i found that you could search on Google via your Three handset, if you wanted to go to a site you then just clicked the link and it used Google as the proxy server allowing you to view sites not avaliable directly from Three!!

Then they took it away :(