View Full Version : 6680 tells me im using headset.. Im not!

apoc_reg
7th October 2005, 11:10 AM
Hi There,

i was wondering if anyone could give me a hand

the last couple of days my 6680 has acted like the hands free set is attached even though it isnt!!

Theres the small icon suggesting a handsfree is attached and i cant hear or speak in phone calls!!

Turning it off and on again doesnt solve the problem!

any ideas/advice?

Thanks guys

Ben
7th October 2005, 11:15 AM
If you push the power button quickly once, are you able to scroll down and select a different profile such as General?

apoc_reg
7th October 2005, 11:27 AM
hiya

yeah it will allow me to change the profile

Ben
7th October 2005, 12:19 PM
I take it after changing the profile it still thinks you have the headset connected? Have you tried attaching the headset again and then removing it, or perhaps connecting the phone up to your PC via the USB cable?

If nothing will make it realise the headset isn't connected then perhaps a factory reset is in order - make sure you back up first. Failing that it could be some kind of software bug that you'll need to get the phone flashed to fix :S

3g-g
7th October 2005, 02:35 PM
Strangely enough, my handset does the same every so often after being connected to my Bluetooth car kit. After the car's been turned off the phone will still display the headset icon, usually turning it off and on again solves the problem, however it's extremely annoying. Nokia bluetooth devices, I've found anyway, don't seem to like bluetooth devices by other manufacturers, especially my Sony Ericsson car kit!! All the guys in my team have the same problem, poor connection quality, dropped BT connections and hung profiles on the handset as you've described.

In fact, one of my colleagues after having his SE BT car kit installed, managed to completely disable the engines ECU so it wouldn't start till it was removed again!!:eek:

apoc_reg
9th October 2005, 09:53 AM
Thanks guys

It is very strange but plugging in the handsfree and removing it seems to have dont the trick (thanks Ben).....for now anyway!!

I am still inclined to blame this blasted orange homescreen. Then again i blame that for everything :-)

apoc_reg
9th October 2005, 09:54 AM
In fact, one of my colleagues after having his SE BT car kit installed, managed to completely disable the engines ECU so it wouldn't start till it was removed again!!:eek:

:eek: Crazy! id take the car back too incase anyone gets in it with a radio switched on or something :D

Hands0n
9th October 2005, 12:18 PM
I wonder if the car manufacturers are cutting design and engineering corners. I had an '03 Ford Fiesta that kept giving ECU alarms, randomly. When the read the error codes they found that every single error register had an alarm code against it. The car would have had to be completely trashed in every respect for that to truly be the case!!

In the end and after some debate and experimentation [with the mechanic and Ford] it appears to be that the ECU was being affected by my collection of 2 mobiles (2G and 3G) plus Bluetooth headset (active on one phone) and PDA with Bluetooth permanently on. I used to keep these in the odds-and-sods tray at the front of the centre console, in front of the gear stick. The ECU is located on the bulkhead of the passenger footwell, inches away. We didn't go entirely scientific with controlled experiments but suffice to say that once the items were relocated further back in the car the random erroring of the ECU stopped and has not recurred.

It appears that manufacturers (at least Ford in this case) are not adequately shielding against RFI from the ubiquitous radio devices that we all carry around with us these days. Fortunately for me the effects were inconvenient and benign. How long before RFI interference of vehicle ECUs becomes a deadly effect?