View Full Version : T-Mobile 3G customers

3g-g
7th October 2005, 05:33 PM
Was just a thought that came to me today, we've never had anyone post about T-Mobile as a customer, either GSM, UMTS or staff...

I refuse to believe that there's none of you out there... Even if you're on Virgin using T-Mobile's 3G network it would be good to hear from you!

Don't be shy!

Regards

Talk3G team.

solo12002
7th October 2005, 07:04 PM
LOL

I dont post as Im on Virgin (NOT A VIRGIN!)and dont class my self as being T-Mobile, I feel T-Mobile have lost the plot. When they were one2one their pay as you go rates were good, now they are the beaten by everyone else, I mean who would pay 30ppp for any call? anfd this only drops if you spend £20 then £30, even three beats them.

My three moams about Virgin right now is lack of 3G in Northern Ireland,and a crap wap/gprs service Virgin bites, which needs to be updated and something of use offered and why they went into contract mobiles when the service they had was dam good to start off with.

Other than that I cant fault them, free voicemail which saves me a bomb, 10p texts or 3p to other Virgin Mobiles, and dam good support staff who call you by chosen name, fast CS answer, fast turn around to questions, I have to say since I switched from T - Mobile to them I cant fault them.

Jon3G
8th October 2005, 01:58 AM
the CS may all start to change pretty soon. The Virigin CS is being moved off shore. The reason I know this is because the company I work for, was asked to bid for the VM CS, however we told half way through that the bid involved a total off shore solution and we only could offer a on shore and off shore solution so VM told us NO

Ben
8th October 2005, 11:42 AM
That's awful news :( Virgin bear the flag for Customer Service, if they're not going to do it, who will?

blush
10th October 2005, 01:49 PM
I used to use a Nokia 7600 with Virgin and 3G was ok around London although it quite often fell over and I had 3G signal on my phone but was unable to send texts or make calls. I now have a 6680 and seems very good now. I live in Ashford and have no 3G coverage but when round Medway or Maidstone it makes wap access very fast. Sometimes the phone switches back to 2G when sending texts then back to 3G. My experience is fairly good. I did have an LG8120 on three and that was terrible.

Ben
10th October 2005, 03:15 PM
Hello blush, welcome to Talk3G :D

Interesting about switching back to 2G when you send a text... Orange stays on 3G, but it does switch me back to 2G as soon as I get into a call. Whether that's just something to do with signal strengths or whether they're consciously keeping voice calls off their 3G network for now I don't know - have you noticed whether, when you're on T-Mobile 3G, you stay on 3G during a call?

blush
10th October 2005, 05:38 PM
When on 3G, calls remain on 3G network and sound clearer than 2G somehow. Texts and MMS generally send and receive whilst on 3G and a lot quicker than on 2G. Where as the 2G network is maily stable the 3G seems to have quirks. As T-mobile have few 3G handsets on their website I guess there are very few users on the 3G network. My experience of Orange France's 3G network is quite different, that seems rock solid and impressive. Unfortunatly I did not have a 3G phone whilst in Japan last year, would have liked to have seen how their network performs.

blush
10th November 2005, 07:16 PM
I attempted to use Orange France 3G on Eurostar to Paris yesterday and although I had a 3G signal I could not get a GPRS connection on any of the three French networks whilst on the train. Worked fine once in Paris and GPRS was very quick compared to Virgin 3G. With the phone (6680) in automatic mode it kept changing networks from Orange 3G to Bouygues Telecom.