View Full Version : Bye Bye Sky Mobile

Ben
7th October 2005, 06:51 PM
I received a text today informing me that Sky Mobile would be going offline temporarily while they improve the service. Did everyone else receive this also?

I'm hopeful about what new features we might see, things like Sky subscription interaction, but it could also mean an introduction of charging.

At the moment the application is still working.

Gagz
7th October 2005, 09:13 PM
I got this too during like urm dam wat was i watching.............. oh yeah Star Trek Voyager at 5:15 on Sky One :D Even though my 903 which is away for repair wont play the stuff cause its not designed for my phone i signed up anyways lol. Dono how to delete my info... ah well :D

dgilbert2
7th October 2005, 09:42 PM
I got this text this afternoon also.

I always assume the worst with stuff like this as there is no reason why the old service cannot continue until the new is ready. Oh well!

whatleydude
8th October 2005, 03:26 PM
I got that text too.. BUT - has anyone tried to connect?

I did, just now - and it still works.

dgilbert2
10th October 2005, 08:14 PM
Looks like its stopped now. Got an email also, saying will be back later in the year. We'll see! ;)

whatleydude
18th October 2005, 12:33 PM
I lost my Sky Mobile Icon when I re-formatted my mem card for my N70.

Once its up and running (and in case I dont get a text/email ) will someone mention it online please?

Cheers.

Ben
18th October 2005, 04:58 PM
Just try and stop me! ;)

whatleydude
2nd February 2006, 09:56 AM
Well.... according to http://www.sky.com/skybymobile

Sky Mobile is back!

BUT.
(and this is a big BUT)

BUT - only for current Sky Digital/Sky Bet subscribers..:

Sky by mobile is a new service exclusive to Sky digital and Sky Bet customers. It allows you to enjoy sports, news and entertainment headlines and videos on the move.

The latest news stories and videos from Sky Sports and Sky News
Live scoreboards, tables, fixtures and results of key sports events
Weather forecasts from the Sky News Weather team
Daily round-ups from the celebrity world, plus exclusive interviews, reviews and previews from Sky One and Sky Movies
Check odds, place bets and manage your Sky Bet account

You'll need to have a compatible handset with internet access via GPRS or 3G.

Check that your mobile meets the minimum requirements. Please note that use of the application will incur your normal operator data tariffs - contact your operator for details.

To start enjoying Sky by mobile sign up now.

Sky Mobile TV
In addition, if you're a Sky digital and a Vodafone customer with a compatible 3G phone, once you've downloaded Sky by mobile, you'll get Sky Mobile TV free until Tuesday 31 January 2006.

There are 19 channels to browse, including live Sky News and Sky Sports News.

Nice of them to plug the Vodafone service.. but still - I DONT HAVE SKY!
:(

Ben
2nd February 2006, 10:46 AM
Edit: Oh... so you still need to be a Vodafone subscriber AND a Sky subscriber to get Mobile TV via the application? That's a bit... pointless! Surely they'll be opening it up to everyone soon.

Still, great that it's back! Will have to give it a go myself. Sky are really branching out, what with this and Sky by Broadband, which has to be admired really.