View Full Version : 3 Network Busy

3GScottishUser
9th October 2005, 06:46 PM
Tried using some of my inclusive minutes on 3 tonight. The network is as unfathomable as ever! I'm past being angry at it, it's really just a joke!

Managed to connect and get a ringing signal to a local landline then triple beep and 'Network Busy' on the display. A further two attempts produced the same 'Network Busy' result.

You might expect this with a big operator like 02 or Vodafone (we know their GSM networks are almost working at capacity), but 3 UK with UMTS and less than one fifth of the users of those GSM networks should have no issues with capacity.

I feel a call to Mumbai coming on, even just for entertainment value. I really want to hear how they explain this!

Hands0n
9th October 2005, 09:13 PM
I've been using 3 all day without any problem all over Kent and East Sussex. TBH, I reckon its time you called it a day with 3 in your area. Patently, you are in probably the suckiest bit of 3's network. And there is nothing in any dealings that I've ever had with the Mumbai Muppets that I would equate with entertainment. You must be really bored today :)

Ben
9th October 2005, 09:44 PM
Perhaps you should email 3CS with details of what's up as one last hurrah, or maybe try the exec office. Whatever's wrong in your area needs to be sorted out! Or just bin your USIM ;)

3GScottishUser
9th October 2005, 11:17 PM
I shall sleep on that advice. Clearly not a lot has changed in my area since 2003. The 'Network Busy' nonsense got me really rattled as we all know that 3 have the biggest lump of UMTS spectrum in the UK. Quite bizzare to see this type of thing 30 months after they started.

Happily I'm on the run out now with them, counting the days which will soon be in single figures. My time with 3 has been a real chore and I doubt if I would have continued with them in 2004 if it had'nt been for the emergence of positive comments when the Nokia 7600 was introduced. To be fair, it has been a better phone in terms of network stability but it cant really be compared to the relibale service GSM has provided for years and I guess that's why I only paid £5/month for a free handset and 500 X/net miins and 100 texts. Needless to say I dont think I ever uised more than 100 mins a month for voice as using the service was just too frustrating and at a fiver I really just could'nt be bothered going through all the hassle with 3's executive office etc. I have now come to terms with the fact that 3 is not for me for the time being and am content with Vodafone as my new primary 3G network (contract) and 02 as my PAYG 3G backup (with an old Motorola a835). I suppose its now time to look forward and I have no problem now looking at 99p line rental for XX months on 3 and thinking 'Been there, done it, bought the tee-shirt', look elsewhere and leave it to others who just might get something they consider worthwhile.