View Full Version : Samsung Z140 - 3G Phone

Del
10th October 2005, 12:52 PM
I purchased a Samsung Z140 phone at the weekend, though am having trouble getting the display screen to stay on when you flip the phone down.

I've gone into settins and it allowes you to select different clocks, so as you can see the time etc..when you flip the phone down. Though it only stays on the screen for about 3 seconds before the screen goes completly black. Does anyone know of a work around, so as the clock stays on the screen all the time.

Thanks, Del.

Hands0n
10th October 2005, 05:38 PM
Sorry, I don't have a Z140 but some thoughts on your problem.

I'm going to guess at a power save option or a faulty handset. Most flip phones will turn off the backlight of the external display after a few seconds, requiring a button push (normally on the side of the handset) to re-awaken the backlight for a few seconds. But the display normally shows the time via ambient light reflected off the back of the LCD display.

If yours is not doing this then there could be a genuine fault - to blacken an LCD takes intent as its normal state is to be translucent (i.e. you can see the reflective back surface of the LCD). If it is not a fault, then it could be a setting in the Display or Power Options menus.

If you can't find it then maybe a trip to the local dealer where you got it from will get you a result if they know how to fix it, or get it replaced/repaired.

getti
13th October 2005, 11:41 PM
Funny you should be talking about the Z140. I just had one come in for review only a few days ago and have been using it quite a bit

Ben
13th October 2005, 11:45 PM
I take it there's no way to get the clock to stop disappearing off the external screen?

3GScottishUser
13th October 2005, 11:48 PM
The Z500 is the same. The clock or the outside display LCD image only shows for about 15 seconds. This is to preserve battery power I imagine. The clock is a gimmick really as the external screen has some network icons and a digital time display which is shown at all times.

hecatae
15th October 2005, 12:25 PM
z107 clock would display permanently with the flip closed