View Full Version : A bit of help. .

@NickyColman
12th October 2005, 09:36 PM
Ive got an N90 mobile, however, I have no settings for MMS/3G internet etc. I was wondering if anyone had the settings or if they knew where to get them from?

Ive tried Three but as its not released yet, they dont appear to have the settings yet!

Thanks in advance!

Hands0n
12th October 2005, 11:22 PM
The closest is going to be the 6680 I suppose...... you could try these and see how you get on....

You should only have two Access Points namely "3" and "3 MMS" as below.

Go to the following menus
Connection Settings
Access points

Connection Name = 3
Data bearer = packet data
Access point name = three.co.uk
User name = none
Prompt password = no
Password = **** (I think this is just blank, don't type anythin in there)
Authentication = Normal
Homepage = http://mobile.three.co.uk/hb/n6680/HutchKey (you could try "n90" instead of "n6680" to see if there is a specific already set up if n6680 does not work)

Connection name = 3 MMS
Data bearer = Packet data
Access point name = three.co.uk
User name = none
Prompt password = No
Password = **** (same as 3 APN above)
Authentication = Normal
Homepage = http://mms.um.three.co.uk:10021/mmsc

Packet Data
Packet data conn. = When needed
Access point = three.co.uk

Good luck.

@NickyColman
12th October 2005, 11:34 PM
hey thanks Hands0n! Its apprieciated!

I tried the settings you gave me and they work. . . to a degree. The Services page is displayed but only covers half the page because of the differences in pixelage between the 6680 and the N90.

I also tried entering N90 instead of 6680 however it brought up a load of numbers and letters and links. However, the links seem to be links on TodayOn3 as they refer to football, news, and tv. None of the links work tho.

Hands0n
12th October 2005, 11:40 PM
Rats ................sorry it didn't work.

I'd say that the odd looking page you're getting with the "n90" setting are probably the N90 homepage in preparation, not finalised yet. I reckon once they release the N90 you'll get the page all pukka like.

Is it at all workable when set to "n6680"? or is the diff in pixelage too great to make it successful?

It is frustrating that 3G has brought on the advent of very high customisation - it must be a real chore for the networks and won't get any better as the range of handsets increases. What is needed is some good old fashioned standardisation - maybe they ought to get CERN involved.

@NickyColman
12th October 2005, 11:48 PM
Well when i use the 6680 settings, the pixelage is pretty crap but its useable!

I can still navigate and move about its just not too nice to look at!

Some pages are perfect with the N90, if not a bit mishapen and videos dont work yet. It just provides me with the Technical glitch page!

Hopefully it wont be long before i get full content, not that theres much too look at but it would be nice to have a look at this MobiTv!

If anyone has any ideas or anything for me to try dont hesitate!:D