View Full Version : 3 launches 'Civilization' in world first

Ben
15th October 2005, 11:39 AM
http://www.three.co.uk/news/h3gnews/pressnewsview.omp?collcid=1019745742912&cid=1128614096120&index=3

"In a world first, 3 today reinforces its position as the leader in 3G gaming by bringing the hugely popular PC game, Civilization, to mobile. In an exclusive agreement with Com2uS, developer and publisher of Civilization, 3 customers will be able to bring the empire-building strategy game to life on their video mobiles from October.

With such an addictive blend of building, exploration, discovery and conquest, Civilization fans will no longer be restricted to their laptop or PC. 3 customers will now have constant and immediate access to the game, meaning all those wasted moments can now be packed full of thrilling Civilization adventures.

Civilization will be exclusive to 3 initially, and with over 3.2 million customers in the UK, the network provides a unique and innovative platform for video mobile gaming."

I love Civ! It really is a superb game to have on a mobile given the turn based structure and, if it's the original, basic graphics. I only bought a copy of this game the other day to relive those memories and damn is it addictive - I just hope it's the real deal. Is it on 3 yet? Anyone tried it?

So what's next, Sim Tower perhaps? The original Sim City? I'm foaming at the mouth :D