View Full Version : M & S Mobile

3GScottishUser
15th October 2005, 11:40 AM
It had to happen eventually...

You wear the underwear, eat the food, sit on the furniture, now you can call your freinds with an M & S mobile.

Marks & Spencer have launched a pre-pay mobile service with handsets from£29.50. Calls are 15p a minute to all networks at all times and SMS costs 10p. The service uses the T-Mobile UK Network.

Full Details here: http://www.marksandspencer.com/IWCatSectionView.process?IWAction=Load&Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=8481&Page_Count=1&RestartFlow=t

Ben
15th October 2005, 11:56 AM
It's a crying shame they didn't go the Vodafone route instead and carry the Simply among other cheap handsets.

M&S customers will pay more than Tesco customers, that's a given. This could have been an opportunity for M&S to launch something really complimentary to their business, especially with their current public image redeemed after the food adverts.

Lets face it, it's not going to be big.

solo12002
15th October 2005, 12:17 PM
Have to say I dont see the point of M&S going down this route, plus we now appear to have T _ Mobile providing a crap Mobile phone service for their own Pay as you go users with rates of 30ppm ansd most VNW beting them on price.

T-Mobile must have the largest group of VNWs on their network, ie Virgin, Easy Mobile and I know theres others is this the best they can realy do as a network?

I think they should look at providing better services for their own users first.

@NickyColman
15th October 2005, 12:31 PM
I can see this M&S mobile service being quite successful with the older ladies of the market. I imagine them going to get a new pair of tights and getting a mobile while they are at it because its a brand many women live by. They do good food, so its natural for people to expect and have loyalty to a good mobile service.

fozzie
31st October 2005, 01:51 PM
Oh for gods sake M&S mobile ..... whatever next - Dominos Pizza , Durex , Preparation H ???

whatleydude
31st October 2005, 02:50 PM
Somebody watched Goldmember last night..

3GScottishUser
31st October 2005, 04:23 PM
It is rumoured that The Walt Disney compnay might launch an MVNO in 2006 and here's me thinking we have had a 'Mikey Mouse' 3G phone network for some years in the UK.

Ben
31st October 2005, 05:16 PM
I do believe that's the same joke Mobile used! Or something along those lines :p

Hands0n
31st October 2005, 05:23 PM
Who is "Mikey Mouse"? Don't believe all that you read. The old jokes are not always the best D: