View Full Version : Best International Mobile Operator

Ben
15th October 2005, 01:32 PM
http://www.orange.com/English/media/latestfromorange.asp

06 October 2005
Orange excels

Orange has been named Best International Mobile Operator at the World Communications Awards. The judges - eleven recognised industry experts, chaired by Kenneth Cukier of The Economist - said “France Telecom is pushing the Orange brand name to the extreme, in Internet and business applications. But there’s no other mobile brand you could do the same with. Orange is so solid, you cannot expect more.”

Sanjiv Ahuja said “The judges were looking for an operator with global expansion, service innovation, aggressive marketing, an emphasis on customer loyalty and relationship management, and strong brand development. In essence, they were looking for Orange. This award shows that we are back on top and working successfully right across the business to deliver our vision of a bright future.”
Perhaps a little ambitious with the 'back on top' sentiment. I think we'll see the real power of the Orange brand here in the UK when Wanadoo officially becomes Orange and the line between ISP and mobop become blurred.

Jon3G
16th October 2005, 09:35 AM
it seems that is alreadt taking place. I was sent an email Friday yo say I have been short listed to take part in a new data card trial using the Wanadoo live box.

I get some 3G data to use, the new 3G data card with wifi and the Wanadoo livebox.

The service that I will be testing looks like Orange Mobile and Wanadoo are trying to combine internet data services into one easy to use package.

The theme that Orange have used is something like Orange online anywhere

Hands0n
16th October 2005, 10:40 AM
Yea but ...... no but ...... yea but ....... no ....... What about their incumbent Customer base ( see thread https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?p=7892#post7892 ).

All of this new stuff is very interesting and [probably] entirely logical progression in the free business model. But ...... if they take their eye off the ball they could have other issues to solve in the months ahead.

If they [really] are going for Business to the detriment of the regular Customer that may be a folly they'll later have to pay for. For inst, I have no need of broadband wireless 3G datacard etc. - and surely those that do will be in a relative minority. What I do want occasionally, and there is no reason why an of the five mobops cannot (or do not) provide it [as most do anyway], is access to the Internet for eMail or the odd web page or two, and some IM would be nice. I suspect that this is fairly typical requirement given comments posted frequently on the subject. Of course there are the power users and yes, they too, must be catered for by the mobops.

Orange on top of the game? I don't think so at all right now - and not for much of 2005 I'd say.

Lacklustre and laurels are two words that come to mind when I think Orange.