View Full Version : Comprehensive SE Z800 Review

3GScottishUser
7th April 2005, 01:15 PM
Folllow the link below for a comprehensive review of the SonyEricsson Z800.

Some sample pics have also been included at various resolutions along with video clip samples.

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/sonyericsson-z800-en.shtml

CybaCowboy
9th April 2005, 01:07 AM
As the current owner of a Sony Ericsson Z1010, I am very much looking forward to upgrading to the upcoming Z800i...

About 3 months ago, I actually had the pleasure of having a peek at the Sony Ericsson V800 (the "vodafone live!" version of the Z800i)- a Greek tourist brought one into my work and although I only played with it for a minute or two, I was VERY impressed to say the least!

CybaCowboy
9th April 2005, 01:13 AM
If I remember correctly, the V800 isn't anywhere near as big as the above review makes it out to be, in fact, I remember it to be about halfway between a Z1010 and a Motorola V3 Razr in size!

One thing that I am CERTAIN that the review is wrong is the screen; although it was indoors that I looked at the V800, it was inside a VERY bright building with sky-lights and the screen seemed fine to me...

CybaCowboy
9th April 2005, 01:18 AM
After reading the above review, I speechless after seeing the claim that the Z800i's internal screen isn't much better than that found on the Z1010...

This could not be further from the truth!

The V800/Z800i has a FANTASTIC internal screen that is MUCH, MUCH better than that found on the Z1010!

@NickyColman
9th April 2005, 01:07 PM
As with all SonyEricssons maybe the reviewer has had a "dull" theme on his phone and not a bright and colourfull one! I myself notice that certain themes are hard to see in different light situations!

Ben
9th April 2005, 01:13 PM
That's a good point. Older Sony Ericssons were slated as having bad screens when it came to outdoor viewing in bright light - I think that the comments are just that scarring carrything though, I'm sure there's nothing any worse about the V800's screen than any other comparable size/colour screen on a phone at the moment.

The V800 is quite big though. Quite long. It's a nice size though, not as chunky as the Z1010 and so feels deceptively compact.

getti
26th July 2005, 11:35 AM
My Z800i has just turned up and its VERY nice. Nice suprise when i checked the box too. They didnt send me the Linier Silver one which has the lines through it, they sent me the Titanium Silver one which is all silver and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better looking than the black V800.

One bad thing tho is networks notice its a Z800. So loading live gives me no downloads and does not load as it should.

I think it will be ok on Three but if i want to use Live and Vodafone il have to load Vodafone firmware on it.

That i dont really mind doing as il be on Voda anyway. I just didnt want a black one