View Full Version : Brand Loyalty

3GScottishUser
17th October 2005, 03:45 PM
So you have had a 3G phone for a while and formed an opinion based on experience. Maybe you are just thinking about 3G as your next upgrade?

Whatever you have it would be interesting to ask the question would you stick to the same make next time? If yes then vote above for your preferred brand of phone. If you currently have one brand and think you'll change for another next time - vote for that brand above. You can vote for more than one if you are undecided...... let us help you!!!

As ever comments welcome, what is tempting you right now? Let us know if its something other than a 3G handset that is your object of desire also.

Have fun!

Ben
17th October 2005, 04:18 PM
Sony Ericsson and Nokia for me... primarily Nokia it has to be said! Sony Ericsson make phones that are real eye candy, but Nokia are no.1 when it comes to usability. Sticking with Nokia also makes it easy to transfer contacts.

whatleydude
17th October 2005, 04:37 PM
For me its always Nokia.
But Nokia phones are the only phones I've ever had..
( aside from when I tried Three once with an NEC - eugh )
..and the OS etc is much more easier to adapt to.

Thing is - whenever I'm recommending phones to friends (because more often than not - they tend to ask me!) I always ask them what they think of their current phone.
Some of my mates have always had Sony phones. So I tell them the best Sony on the market.. It just makes adapting a lot easier y'know?
I will always have Nokia.
Way back when I got my N6600 I've got so into the whole PC Compatibility of it all and backing up files and contacts and what have you..
I love Symbian etc..

..and Nokia phones make good phones.

But hey.

That's just my opinion!

;)

Hands0n
17th October 2005, 05:44 PM
Nokia. I have been all around the houses. My very first phone was a Motorola (TACS, still in the loft somewhere). I got into Nokia when their 33xx series came out long time when. Since then I think I've had almost every brand in the survey above.

The closest to the Nokia for intuitive (very important) was the SonyEricsson series, and I still love the T610 as a handset. I place it at the pinnacle of SE and an icon for others to follow.

But Nokia have done it for me again, I've almost gone full circle and returned to them with the Symbian-based 6680.

My next handset? A Nokia 6820 is what I want for 2006, at which time the 6680 will most likely be put into use on Threepay.

3g-g
17th October 2005, 06:03 PM
...(TACS, still in the loft somewhere)...

You've got to find that and get some pictures on! In fact, I think there should be a section with pictures of handsets of yesteryear, might as well get those bandwidth costs up eh Admin? ;)

Nokia are my choice also, however, I do also have a Sanyo and SE which I don't find to difficult to move between.

I also have a point to make regarding this choice of handset and OS that some people get used to and find it difficult to move away from. Orange, as we all know, are taking it upon themselves to run their own home page/Orange brand SW in on every new handset they've been releasing, as much as we hate it here, it can only be commended as a move to allow other those stuck in the mud to pick up any new handset when they upgrade and the running of it is exactly the same as the last new handset they had. They're happy and Orange have less complaints from people completely unable to work their new handset as they can't find the ringtones etc. It's something that I can see all the operators undertaking in the future.

3GScottishUser
17th October 2005, 06:50 PM
Sorry forgot about Sharp and Toshiba, Sanyo can be included in others along with network branded handsets.

Great feedback so far - keep it coming.

Hands0n
17th October 2005, 08:24 PM
You've got to find that and get some pictures on! In fact, I think there should be a section with pictures of handsets of yesteryear, might as well get those bandwidth costs up eh Admin? ;)

Ask and ye shall receive :) https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?p=7968#post7968

Enjoy and contribute too!

KingMatt2511
17th October 2005, 09:37 PM
I've only ever used Nokia's. 3410, 3510, 7600, and now hopefully N70!

Ginz
3rd November 2005, 05:24 PM
I've skirted with Samsung and Motorola and have since come back to Nokia.

First phone was a Motorola V3688. At the time it was nothing short of revolutionary. Then there was the Nokia 3210, Samsung A400 and Nokia 6600.

Now I'm on to the N70 and loving it. N80 next year.