View Full Version : LG U8380 now on 3

3GScottishUser
17th October 2005, 04:28 PM
The latest LG handset to join 3's line-up is the U8380.

Sililar to previous LG 3G handsets although better specified and with 2 fixed cameras. A completely new design from LG will be available soon on 3 (U880) which has an integral antenna and is much slimmer than the current LG clones.

Brief Specifications

New design from LG moving away from the rotating camera now two fixed cameras
Support of 262k colours for the main display, and 65k for sub display
Continued strong battery performance from the powerful 1400 mAh battery
Large 2.2" colour screen with new simple user interface with distinctive graphics
Speakerphone for the easiest realtime video calls
Windows Media (audio and video) Player & Supports MP3 playback
3D Sound – offers enhanced sound with two large speakers
Ability to take pictures and videos through closed sub LCD
External Memory to store even more content and music
Bluetooth

Standard battery life (approx*):
Standby: 175 hrs
Talk time: 200 mins
Video call: 140 mins
Weight: 139g
Screen:
Size 35mm x 44mm
262,000 colours
Resolution 176 x 220 pixels
Memory: 32 MB built-in memory
Camera: 1.3 Mega-Pixel and VGA

Full Details: http://www.three.co.uk/handsets/handsetfeatures.omp?subleft=2&header=PAYMON&cid=1126793392755

Ben
17th October 2005, 06:22 PM
I like the idea of two static cameras - nice. Swivel cameras are a great idea but fixed ones are less cumbersome.

Bluetooth and external memory makes this [dated] LG a thumbs up. Given the lack of actual/affordable open data on 3 I think the LG range make an ideal 3 companion.

3GScottishUser
17th October 2005, 06:46 PM
This is a stopgap phone, the last of the U8XXX series.

The U880 is very different and looks set to become a worthy compeditor to Nokia, SonyEricsson and Samsung. Its very slim and sleek and will be available in three colours (silver, black and pink).

What is it with pink phones?

Ben
17th October 2005, 06:53 PM
What is it with pink phones?
The girls are lapping them up, that's what! It's really quite amazing!

In a survey I've been carrying out almost every female respondant has specified pink as a colour they'd like their next handset to be. Crazy!

Hands0n
17th October 2005, 07:39 PM
I can echo that from practical experience - my daughters (24 and 15) both want pink phones, the eldest wanted a pink Motorola E1000 (!!!). Pink has been a very hot fashion colour for the girls in 2005 and there seems to be no abatement for 2006. The manufacturers have ignored this to their loss - 'cos they don't appreciate the lifestyle element of a handset. They'll get the message, eventually. But the wait until they do is excruciating - if I can see it why can't their marketing guru's. Or am I just in the wrong job?

Edit: Oh, to be on topic - I quite like the new LG U8380 even though it is a [yet another] hack on a well tried (tired? sic.) format. I've never been too trusting of the swivel camera idea. Something else to go wrong - and it often does with these. Can't say that I'd upgrade to this from a U8120 f'rinst. Not unless I wanted the bluetooth and expandable memory, which are the only two other additions going for it.