View Full Version : Upgrading

Denyo1977
17th October 2005, 07:47 PM
I think this is the first (normally changed network or just cancelled contract and got a new one) and probably last time I will do an upgrade.
On Thursday evening I ordered the Nokia N70. Funny enough I was told it would be there on Monday (today). Wasn't too happy about waiting that long but ok. And of course today nothing arrived. Called Vodafone, Parcelline didn't find the building where I work. Nearly impossible to miss it. Got disconnected during the call. Had to call them again. Arranged delivery for tomorrow. When I arrived at home I had to letters from Vodafone. One saying something about 12 months contract, the other one about 18 months. So had to call them again to ask what their computer actually says.
Already this has been more hassle than what it's worth and I still haven't got the phone :mad:

Ben
17th October 2005, 08:08 PM
That's delivery companies for you. Unfortunately there's not a lot Vodafone could've done about that! I've had my own sucky experiences with delivery companies myself and it's a real pain, especially when they have something a) you really want and b) have paid for, but seem really relaxed about getting it to you!

It's always best to specifically request that the delivery driver is given your mobile number, and to provide extra details on how to find you.

Fingers crossed for getting it tomorrow - I'll cross my toes for you (I need my fingers)!

Denyo1977
18th October 2005, 08:50 PM
Today the phone finally arrived. But I have to say Vodafone isn't blameless. Although it's not an excuse for Parcelline, for some reason Vodafone added County Durham to my address (I work in Newcastle!), they didn't write down Newcastle at all and for some reason they wrote the name Gray (in street name and building name) with an A once and an E the other time.