View Full Version : Vodafone CS Good Experience!

Ben
18th October 2005, 05:57 PM
Totally impressed with Vodafone!

This isn't 3G, but it's a 3G-capable SIM card that I sometimes use in my 6680 - so bear with me :)

I was on an £18/month 12 month contract, 100 minutes and 100 texts/extras pack. Typical bill ~£29.

I took a fancy to the Online Sim Only offers, 30 day contract, and as I buy my phones SIM-Free now (and wont be replacing the Vertu any time soon) I thought I'd see if VF would let me move to one of them in month 10 as my 'upgrade'.

Just got off the phone, after getting straight through to a real person in the UK, having been switched to a 30-day contract on SIM-Only £25, giving me 250 minutes and 1000 texts/extras pack! That's £40 worth of data and loads more minutes for less than my typical bills were totalling before! I treble checked, the £40 can be used for texts, MMS, browsing, whatever. Btw, I'm not entirely sure how 1000 texts is £40 when the standard rate is 12p each, but there you go!

The first guy I spoke to, on 191, put me through to a woman in promotions. She cleared it with her manager. It was that simple. Really pleased! To the extent where I can't form sentences anymore :D

It's the first time I've really used Vodafone CS for anything significant, so I'm exceptionally happy that they were so helpful and that the tariff I wanted could be mine despite being a 'new customers only' deal.

The contract kicks in from midnight tonight - a welcome change from Orange's way of leaving everything until the bill date.

Edit: Ok, I understand the extras pack now. The £40 extras pack buys £120(!) of SMS, MMS and browsing. I think I'm gunna go pass out now...

Ginz
18th October 2005, 07:41 PM
That sounds very impressive. I've not had as much luck with Voda in the past but Orange are hanging on to me just.. The whole N70 release date mess with Orange has made me on several occasions consider going over to Voda but the direct comparison in contracts shows that I'm on a really great contract on O and Voda simply can't match it. Voda wanted £180 for the N70 and I wasn't happy on committing to an 18 month contract. 12 month is the way forward, then upgrading is that little bit easier and not as far away. Orange will give me the N70 for free if I wait. Probably until Christmas and with the atrocious homescreen. Dilemma.

Ben
18th October 2005, 07:47 PM
Hey Ginz, thanks for making your first post on Talk3G.

I'm also with Orange on my 'other' contract. I hope to improve on the offering I get from them soon also as I'm out of contract and don't need an upgrade.

For anyone who's interested, Vodafone's SIM-Only 30-day contracts are here: http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.viewSimOnlyHomePage

Ben
19th October 2005, 02:31 PM
Just logged in to My Vodafone on the website to check the changes had been made as promised:

Price plan SIM ONLY AT250 + 1000 Texts
Extras pack 40 Pounds Extras Pack

Bonza ;)

Gagz
19th October 2005, 02:54 PM
I keep noticing i keep getting charged a few pence everytime i go on wap :S and its only Vodafone Live i thought it was free ? I just rang VF CS and they took it off my account but i got a feeling i'll be calling them back soon. I had this problem before when i was on PAYG too bit weird..

Jon3G
19th October 2005, 04:35 PM
This is the service I have received from Voda since joining November 2004. I love the CS and never had one argument with them, its always been a pleasure to deal with them

3GScottishUser
19th October 2005, 05:39 PM
I have had my moments with Vodafone CS re billing etc but got things sorted pretty much as promised with an apology as well.

They really make you feel like a customer, someone who is paying their wages and that makes you feel a bit special. Since most of the networks offer a similar product CS is an important issue that can make or break a customers overall experience, something most UK based CSA's have drummed into them during their induction training. The value of the training provided generally shines through and networks that allow thier CSA's some autonomy have been the most succesful in my experience. Train the humans and let them make decisions to solve the issues (within company guidelines) rather than restrict CSA's to a scripted options where one size does not always fit all.

whatleydude
31st October 2005, 02:47 PM
Another good experience today:

Over the past few days my N70 white earphones have been playing up. I've been losing sound in one of them and this morning they didn't work at all.

So, I called 191, explained the situation and the CSA I spoke to didnt seem too confident. He said that the earphones didnt seem to be covered under warrantee and as I've had my phone for more than 14days (has it really been that long?!) I may be charged for a new pair..
But he advised me to go to a Vodafone Store anyway and see what they could do..

In I went.

"Hello, how can I help you?"

"Me earphones for my N70 are knackered"

"Do you have them with you?"

"Yup"

"Two seconds.."

The bloke ran out the back of the shop and 20secs later appeared with a brand new set wrapped and everything. He swapped them there and then.
No charge.

Excellent.
Was well chuffed with that.
He didnt even ask if I was Vodafone!
lol