View Full Version : Scam?

KingMatt2511
18th October 2005, 09:22 PM
Looking on eBay for an N70, I come across alot of people selling N70's among other newly released phones in bulk. If you email them you get a reasonable Buy It Now price (around £150). Even if you use paypal to cpmplete one of these transactions, would it be a scam to get your money? I'm very worried about this and I really want an N70!

Thanks.

3g-g
18th October 2005, 09:48 PM
Hi KingMatt2511,

IMO, and that of others, it's almost definately a scam. Any deal like this that seems too good to be true almost definately is. Why would anyone be selling these handsets, where some networks haven't had their allocation of stock, for such a rock bottom price? That's the kind of questions you've got to ask yourself. It's also something we've discussed in this thread https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1543&page=3 and we do have Nokia staff members as posters who agree with what we've discussed.

If you're wanting a N70 the best advice is to head to one of the operators offering it, quite a few of our members already have theirs!

If you do get the handset that you're after, and it is a blinder at that, come back on and let us know about your experiences! And as it has such a great camera be sure to join in the Talk3G photo comp!

We all look forward to hearing from you again soon!

G.