View Full Version : orange cs wont offer good deals

purplesweetie
20th October 2005, 11:26 PM
I phoned orange cs today about a new contract. I am on yp 200 (£30). All I asked for was a better deal similar to the 3 deals that are around.
All I got offered was the PAC code so as I could bugger off.
They aint doing much to keep their loyal customers.

Ben
21st October 2005, 12:16 AM
If you're due an upgrade then you should at least qualify for free weekend calls for 6 months, half price line rental for 6 months or 10% off your line rental (max 25% discount after being with Orange for 4 years).

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/paymonthly/upgrade

I called to ask if they'd let me keep my 3G bundle (50mb/month 60vidmins/month), I spend between £50 and £100 a month, and the answer was no, so they're not bending over backwards, that's for sure.

You could try retentions: 0800 079 2288

Loyalty will get you nowhere - my best advice is find the best deal from whoever will give it you, providing their service meets your criteria.

Hands0n
21st October 2005, 07:18 AM
From the Orange Shop website after I logged in to see what Upgrade possibilities I have now that my contract with them has run past the 12 months.

The prices shown are for you and are dependent on the services that you subscribe to. Your estimated upgrade fee is: £50.00

all upgrade phones and devices with 3G
Sorry, but no phones or devices were found.
Please use the menus provided to select another option.

So I cannot Upgrade to 3G. Well done Orange, another customer bites the dust! What a ridiculous policy, why would any company purposely make such customer churn for itself? Is this Orange sliding down towards the bottom of the Champ-to-Chump cycle?

Edit: I emailed Orange today to ask about why they are not offering any 3G upgrades to existing Customers. Not that I expect a reply (they've not done so before), but if they do I'll post it on here.

getti
21st October 2005, 08:13 AM
That is just a problem Orange have with the website. I got the same when I was with them all the time.

Phoned them up and upgraded no problem

Jon3G
21st October 2005, 10:11 AM
I would just phone them. Orange are not going to stop you from upgrading to 3G

fat jez
21st October 2005, 10:35 AM
My brother upgraded from a Samsung E700 to a Z500 (3G) and he is on YP120, so you can do the upgrade. This suggests the website is borked in some way.

Cheers,
Jez

Ben
21st October 2005, 10:45 AM
The website did the same to me for a long time despite already having a 3G phone! It only wanted to let me 'upgrade' to 2G. Sorted itself out eventually... not that it's advisable to order online, you can probably tease out a better deal on the blower.