View Full Version : Release dates - So whats the word on the grape vine?

Trix
23rd October 2005, 09:02 PM
No-one seems to be talking about the 6280? Its like the black sheep of the family now that the N70 has been released.

So come on, I know there must be a few more fans out there, it can't just be me can it???

So thought I'd start this thread to get things going. Any info, or just general gossip, please post it here . . . .

Ben
23rd October 2005, 09:16 PM
Well, it's definitely in the Vodafone Christmas lineup, and it's Series 40 so the networks can't butcher it as much as they do the Series 60 ones. I'd imagine we'll be seeing the 6280 on most networks by the end of November :) I think it'll be very much targeted at the Christmas market - and it should sell well.

Hands0n
23rd October 2005, 09:17 PM
@Trix - Hiya and welcome to Talk3G. Good topic and glad you started it off.

I am anxiously waiting for the 6280 to be relased on any/all of the networks. I'm currently on 3G with 3 and a 6680, very happy with that now. I also have an Orange 2G contract which expired a few days back so now I'm treading water waiting for them to release the 6280.

The word is that the 6280 will be out with the networks in December 2005. Its cutting it really fine to get in for the Christmas rush. Then its really down to who has the best tariff for my purposes.

The Nokia website has lots to look at while waiting in eager anticipation.

Trix
23rd October 2005, 10:16 PM
I was thinking the same thing myself, that they are gona release it during the Christmas rush.

Went into my local 'Link' a few days ago and asked if phone shops have Jan sales or not??? (because Im suspicious that they prob hike their prices up while everyone one is panic buying for prezzies, and then lower them again in Jan when people have more time and sense to look at the costs and wot sort of deal they're getting) Anyway, he said they dont drop their prices in Jan, but who's to say he's telling the truth?

Should I be worried? Or is it just my suspicious nature?

Hands0n
23rd October 2005, 10:24 PM
Can't say that I particularly trust Link, P4U or CPW - all of the big dealer-types (but that is purely my personal opinion). I would advise having a natter with your local small dealer, see what they can offer at the time.

The Christmas Rush is where its at this time of year, the mobops are all ramping up for the next couple of months of trading. Notice that the TV ads are gaining momentum. After Christmas it all drops back to BAU - the offers continue with minor pruning adjustments along the way.

But I don't think they can afford to jack up the prices - check out the network offers also - as there is so much competition, not the least from 3's extraordinary voice tariffs.

My advice, as you asked :), is to be very discerning - take the time to research all of the offers but beware of the cashback deals. For those make sure the company is large enough to likely be around for the life of your contract with them.

Hands0n
24th October 2005, 08:05 AM
Expansys are taking pre-orders for the 6280 - so I'd imagine that it is getting closer .... http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=123637

No pricing as yet though.

solo12002
24th October 2005, 08:28 AM
Whats the point in buying a non 3G mobile at this stage with all or most of the networks now live?

Ben
24th October 2005, 08:48 AM
The 6280 is 3G. I think it could be a big one, not least because all the networks are live.

Hands0n
24th October 2005, 11:53 AM
Some more eye candy for Trix and anyone else interested in the forthcoming Nokia 6280 albeit from an article much earlier this year ..... Interesting reasing nonetheless.

Nokia used its primary annual Asian media event today to fend off increasingly stylish competition from local manufacturers. The company launched four new slider handsets, including its most advanced CDMA phone yet, and a dual-camera 3G device.

All four slide models use a buffed-up version of the aging Series 40 user interface, version 3. This adds eye candy and a new "Active Standby" home screen, and also supports applications written to Macromedia Flash Lite.

Link --> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/06/13/nokia_connection_2005/

That last bit is interesting also because of this article --> https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1702 . Possibility of being at the front end of yet more exciting developments on handset content? Who knows.

The 6280 is a WCDMA/EDGE handset with a 2 megapixel camera and a VGA front camera for video calls, a removable mini-SD card, and a radio.

Radio? Are we getting that here in the UK?? The Nokia website says it has "Visual Radio"...... I was intrigued.

Google says

Visual Radio is a Nokia proprietary streaming technology for Symbian smartphones. It is not audio streaming: some phones that are already equiped with analog FM radio (notably the Nokia 3230) come with the Visual Radio client that is used to stream SMIL-based data to the phone while the user listens to analog FM radio. ...

Although that name seems to be in the centre of a bit of a bunfight in a non-3G related discussion on Wikipedia. To digress for a moment;

Visual Radio began in 1995 - it is a national TV program hosted by international rock journalist Joe Viglione. Someone keeps vandalizing and molesting this Wikipedia page, allegedly on behalf of Nokia/Hewlett Packard, who are allegedly trying to steal the name by "eminent domain". it is pathetic when a major corporation attempts to steal intellectual property of a hard working journalist/writer because they don't have one ounce of their own creativity. ............

Full article here --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_Radio

Yet more information on Visual Radio can be found here;

Visual Radio is intended to enhance traditional FM radio, by adding interactive content over the mobile phone network. Data can include images and text - supplying listeners with Visual Radio handsets with extra data including news, music, travel, sport and extras.

Article link here --> http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/visualradio.html

All of this does not make it any easier to wait though!

itch, itch, scratch, scratch ........

Chewy
25th October 2005, 08:30 PM
From the "3" website....the following comes from an announcement of 4 new phones coming out soon on their network.

Nokia 6280
The compact Nokia 6280 is the first mass market 3G Nokia handset to go on sale in the UK. Equipped with a 2 megapixel camera, the compact and technically advanced Nokia 6280 supports 3’s full range of communications and entertainment content and services. The Nokia 6280 will be available across the UK from November.

Now obviously FROM November could mean anytime from the 1st Nov till the 30th....I just hope it's earlier rather than later, and def not "LATE" !!!!!

Trix
25th October 2005, 10:07 PM
HandsOn - Thanks 4 all the info, the visual radio looks v cool! :cool:

Chewy - Wow, thats the 1st time Ive heard a release date thats norrowed down 2 a specific month and not just which quarter its due in

Looks like we wont have to much longer to wait :D

Trix
25th October 2005, 10:16 PM
Hey, what are U guys gona choose network wise, or is is it just a case of whateva comes along 1st?

Because I was planning on waiting for 3 as they do such good deals, but when I said this 2 my mate at the wknd she almost laughed me out the room. Said there's a reason they are so cheap, the network coverage is REALLY bad, and U get wot U pay 4?

Is it really that bad?

Chewy
25th October 2005, 11:07 PM
I don't know how good/bad their coverage is 1st hand, but from the people i've spoken to, they've not had problems. I've looked at their coverage map and where I live has full availablility for video calls. At the moment I'm with O2 and their map shows no 3G coverage in my area.

Looks like I'll go with 3 cos their deals are good. Won't go with Voda cos they cost too much. I NEED loads of free messages or I'll be paying a small fortune every month. The only 2 networks that offer loads of free txts are O2 and 3...

Ben
25th October 2005, 11:18 PM
Well, the way I see it is:

Value ---------- Quality
Three ---------- Vodafone

I also believe it's pointless getting a Symbian device on a network that restricts data access and charges £45 to use the handset as a modem. However, I am not everyone, and for some 3-4 million customers Three's value works out just fine.

Anyway, you have 14 days to cancel if you realise your network choice was ill informed.

Chewy
26th October 2005, 12:10 AM
The 2 things that disappoint me with 3 is that you have to pay £5 a month to send/receive emails...now i'm unsure about this as I check my emails a few times a day on o2...I only check the headers, unless there's something I recognise may be important then I download the email. Would I have to pay the £5 a month to do this?

The other thing is, I believe the handsets come with Opera installed on them...? Yet you can't get full access to the internet...only selected sites!! I aint paying for a limited service! you should get full access!

I'll still probably go with 3 tho...good value and Premiership goals only a £5 a month...:D

Hands0n
26th October 2005, 12:29 AM
@Trix - I'm already with 3 (Nokia 6680) and Orange (Motorola A1000 - ex-3 unlocked and debranded).

I'll most likely go with Vodafone this time round, replacing Orange, for a Nokia 6280 - and keep my 3 contract with the 6680 (possibly "upgrading" to a newer handset, p'raps the N70 if they're giving it away free with upgrade via Retentions).

In terms of network - you really have to try this out for yourself. Get a 6280 on 3 by all means and check out the coverage in your area of living, working and playing. If you are in any way not satisfied within the 14 days back it to them sharpish or you'll be stuck with the 12 month contract. This bit is really, really important! Use your 14 days to thoroughly check out that you have a viable 3G signal where you're likely to use it. The 3 network is getting better all of the time, but there are spots that are totally dire!

That said, 3 are rolling out new transmitter masts all over the country. I'm in North Kent and have to say that I get a great 100% signal for most of the area I travel around (all of Kent, East Sussex and the edges of Surrey occasionally). I do find that when going into London it can be a bit flaky in places - i.e. Tower Hill is the pits for 3's 3G signal in my personal experience.

Other stuff

Internet - 3 operate what is called a "Walled Garden" and that means no wholesale Internet access. Well, that was true until about a month ago. Now you have two forms of Internet access. The £5 a month Mobile Web gives you access to strictly limited web pages (see 3's website for details). For a mere £45 a month on top of your contract fee they will provide you with "Wireless Web" which gives you unfettered access to the Internet, using your mobile handset as a 3G modem for your laptop computer/PDA etc. If this is important to you bear it in mind, as it will affect what you ultimately pay to 3.

eMail - For another £5 a month you can "Add eMail" to your service which allows you to retrieve your eMail from non 3mail servers. You are allowed to transfer up to 50MBytes a month under their fair use policy.

More food for thought. The above all pretty much goes for whichever network you go for. Make use of the 14-day period to jettison whomever you choose. Don't fall for any smoothy sales patter to encourage you to go beyond the 14 days - that is your only period to get out if necessary.

Chewy
26th October 2005, 12:19 PM
The other thing....3 don't include calling Voicemail in your free minutes!! that sucks! lol

Hands0n
26th October 2005, 03:01 PM
None of my Voicemail calls have shown up as chargeable outside of my free mins (I'm on T&T 600).

Trix
26th October 2005, 07:56 PM
All sounds like good advise :cool:

Think I'll go and check out that '3 coverage map' seeing as I dont have the real thing yet.

Ooooo its November in 6 days time. We could have less than a week 2 wait! :)

(Yeah, I know it'll never happen, and it'll prob B mega late, but we can dream right?)

Hands0n
26th October 2005, 11:24 PM
If you're really "hot to trot with 3" you could do a lot worse than buy one of their refurb'd LG U8120 handsets which come with a £30 Threepay top up included (lasts 30 days). These are being sold in the high street by Woolworths and would be a reasonable way of finding out the score of 3G in your area.

After you get your Nokia 6280 you can sell the LG U8120 on eBay for probably twice what you paid for it (£40 - £50).

Trix
27th October 2005, 04:27 PM
From the "3" website....the following comes from an announcement of 4 new phones coming out soon on their network.

Nokia 6280
The compact Nokia 6280 is the first mass market 3G Nokia handset to go on sale in the UK. Equipped with a 2 megapixel camera, the compact and technically advanced Nokia 6280 supports 3’s full range of communications and entertainment content and services. The Nokia 6280 will be available across the UK from November.

Now obviously FROM November could mean anytime from the 1st Nov till the 30th....I just hope it's earlier rather than later, and def not "LATE" !!!!!

Chewy - Where abouts did U find that on their web site, I've been looking 4 ages and cant see anything?:confused:

Chewy
28th October 2005, 12:37 AM
It's in their News section, not that i've ever seen a link to it, i've just typed in www.three.co.uk/news and it's loaded their company stuff.

Here's the direct link anyway :- :D

http://www.three.co.uk/news/h3gnews/pressnewsview.omp?collcid=1019745742912&cid=1129202531572&index=5

Trix
30th October 2005, 10:28 AM
Thanks 4 the link :) Have U seen wot else it says . . .

3 today launched an enhanced mobile TV service that will include access to a range of television channels including CNN, ITN, and Bravo.

These channels will complement 3's popular TV service, which offers a range of formats, from preview and highlights packages for primetime shows such as 'Lost' and 'The X Factor', to news round-ups and special dial-in access to live events.

It really is a mini pocket sized TV ! ! ! :D

Ben
30th October 2005, 10:39 AM
Interestingly they reckon MobiTV will be available on the 6280... it'll be the first time MobiTV has ventured off a Series 60 device.

http://www.three.co.uk/news/h3gnews/pressnewsview.omp?collcid=1019745742912&cid=1129202534217&index=1

However, MobiTV has some serious downfalls that have failed to be addressed. When it debuted on Orange it looked promising, but the complete disregard of common sense in fixing a string of debilitating bugs means any hopes of having 'mini pocket sized TV' are currently well and truly dashed.

Ginz
30th October 2005, 01:37 PM
How does the 6280 compare to the N70?

Chewy
30th October 2005, 02:05 PM
Be easier to give you a direct link to the Nokia Comparison page...

http://europe.nokia.com/phones/comparephones/compare_results.jsp?location=EN&language=EN&pageaction=COMP&phone=6280&phone=N70

The link should work....give you details about both phones...

Trix
5th November 2005, 02:53 PM
Wow Ive just seen the N80 and its gorgeous! So now do I wait even longer for the N80 to come out :confused:

No, I cant! Ive been waiting since June already! Oh but its just so pretty, and a smartphone like the N70, but also has a larger screen because it is a slider like the 6280, and lets not forget the 3 m/p camera! What to do? When my 2 favourite phones are combined????

I think my plan is going to be, to buy the 6280 sim free and use it on my current T-Mobile contract. Then sell up and cancel when the N80 comes out.

But how much do you think I can buy it for? And how much money will I lose trying to sell it after 6 months or so?

Chewy
5th November 2005, 06:13 PM
Looks like the N80 will be very chunky....tho i'm sure it'll be an excellent phone!!

3megapixel camera will be good as well. I guess it all depends on what you want. I'd love to get a s60 version of the 6280 which the N80 essentially will be, but I like the size of the 6280.

I can't wait any longer for a phone, so the 6280 will do me. I currently have a SE s700i, and it's doing my head in!!!!!

EDIT: Actually ignore me!!!! I've just been looking at the specs for the 2 phones.
Dimensions - 6280 = 99.9 x 46 x 21 mm, 115g
- N80 = 95 x 50 x 23 mm, 133g

So it's not much different, actually 4mm shorter, just 4mm thicker and 2mm wider.

I'm still gonna go for the 6280 as soon as it's out, I don't suppose the N80 will be out for ages yet anyway, so I can always get it as an upgrade next time. :)

Hands0n
6th November 2005, 08:09 AM
I think my plan is going to be, to buy the 6280 sim free and use it on my current T-Mobile contract. Then sell up and cancel when the N80 comes out.

But how much do you think I can buy it for? And how much money will I lose trying to sell it after 6 months or so?

It won't quite be worthless but it will devalue very quickly as our Getti found out when he bought a SIM-free N70 not so long ago, and within weeks the price dropped by some £100 and with no sign that it wont happen again.

You have to consider that any handset you buy into very early will be at a premium price and later as production and distribution ramp up the price will tumble dramatically. These early prices are entirely artificial and do not represent true volume manufacturing costs which are a fraction by comparison.

But that is all part of the joy and pain of being an Early Adopter. You will get something back on the 6280 when you come to sell it. I recommend doing it on eBay as you can quite often get silly prices for stuff on there! For inst, there are second hand LG U8120s going for half as much again as you'd pay in the high st for warranteed refurbs!

Trix
7th November 2005, 10:53 AM
It won't quite be worthless but it will devalue very quickly as our Getti found out when he bought a SIM-free N70 not so long ago, and within weeks the price dropped by some £100 and with no sign that it wont happen again.

Hummm . . . . safe advice, you probably just saved me from losing a lot of money.

It might be better to get the 6280 on contract then, and see how much it would cost to upgrade / part exchange when the N80 comes out (Thats if they will even let me upgrade inside a year?) We'll have to wait an see :rolleyes:

Hands0n
7th November 2005, 06:09 PM
@Trix - you'll be unlikely to be permitted to upgrade within contract in anything less than 10 months with 3. Others like Orange will charge you a premium to upgrade early (mine was £78 in the last two months until the day after my contract 12 months were up).

But in the end the timing may well work out ideal for you. The N80 isn't due out until next year, some time! Nokia's announcement and availability dates are not exactly concurrent :) By then, if the N90 hasn't taken yer fancy, you will probably be close to or at contract renewal and an upgrade to the N80 would be a formality.

Unless, of course, you're an impatient one like us lot on here :D As an early adopter of all sorts of IT I have never profitted from the exercise - but that isn't the point at all.

He/She who dies with the most toys wins :cool:

Trix
10th November 2005, 04:26 PM
Ok, I popped into the 3 shop in Eastbourne earlier today and was advised that the 6280 is due out on the 21st!

Lets hope they were right :)

Chewy
10th November 2005, 08:00 PM
I phoned 3's customer services the other day, and the guy I spoke to said they don't know until the day before when phones are coming out but he expects it'll be out before Christmas!!!!!

I prefer the 21st Nov prediction tho!!!! lol

Trix
15th November 2005, 11:10 PM
Well, where do I start? The guys in Eastbourne were so helpful, but Hastings . . . the complete opposite.

Nipped into Superdrug at the weekend to return a Christmas present gone wrong. While I was there I thought I would ask someone in the 3 corner what was the quickest way to get a 3 contract, should I phone their call centre and order the 6280 when it is released, or should I go down to the shop with I.D. etc . . .

But the assistant kept talking to me about the 6680. I thought maybe I hadn’t said it very clearly so kept repeating ‘No, Im not interested in that one, I want the 6280 when it comes out’ getting progressively louder every time!

He then started asking me what features I wanted on the phone, and which ones were important to me. I replied that I wanted a slider phone, and yes, sure the N70 and 6680 are lovely phones but there not sliders are they, so please just drop the sales pitch, but oh no, he carried on . . .

‘Only reason I ask madam is because if you are not particularly fussed about certain features, there’s actually not a lot of difference between the N70 and the 6680. The only differences myself and a colleague could find is that 1) The on/off button is in a different place 2) The 6680 has a 1.3 camera and the N70 has a 2.0’

To which I replied ‘Not a lot of difference, the N70 is a smartphone!?!?’

Anyway, he finally twigged that I have made my mind up on the 6280 and stopped trying to sell me everything else. So what does he do next, try and put me off by saying it’ll be too expensive . . .

‘So what tariff did you want that on? Oh the talk & text 600, no it definitely won’t be on that, not for a long time yet. When they are first released they only come out on the highest tariffs. If you want talk & text 600 you have to go for a much older handset’

I told him that I wouldn’t mind paying a higher tariff, it would probably still save me money compared to what I am paying now, at which point he gave me his card and walked off.

It was like he was deliberately trying to sabotage the company. His last day perhaps??

Sorry about that rather long rant, just felt the need to get that off my chest.

Some people ah!

Hands0n
16th November 2005, 12:14 AM
@Trix - Heh, that ranks for a high placing in the "You couldn't make it up" Hall of Fame :) That salesman will be an ex-P4U employee no doubt. They are black belts in talking "at" people! Oh, and getting most things wrong about the technology and tariffs when asked - only getting it right with the script in front of them.

Perhaps the next time you try, you should write on your forehead in big letters in the brightest red lippy you can find 6280 and poke at it furiously as you say in a very loud and very BBC voice "I want one of these".

Or maybe as a bit of a wheeze, gather a group of 20 or so of you and serially go in and ask all about the 6280, when, how much, etc ... That should drive the lad totally insane by the time you've done!

Hands0n
17th November 2005, 10:18 AM
@Trix - Get yer purse out :) it seems you may not have to wait much longer https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?p=9051#post9051

Come on Vodafone, get yer finger aht!

Trix
17th November 2005, 09:59 PM
It's got to be soon, my life depends on it. My bills start from the 15th of each month, so I called T-Mobile on the 14th to give notification of cancelling.

Lets hope its not delayed, because come mid december, I wont have a phone!

Ahhhhhhhhhh :eek:

Chewy
18th November 2005, 12:45 AM
I've made that mistake!! lol....I'd heard the 6280 was gonna be out at the beginning of November and had a nasty bill from o2, so terminated my contract in October.

I've been on PAYG since the 10th Nov....D'oh!!!!! lol

I've heard that carphone warehouse will have the 6280 from the 1st week of December on 3 only....

Do you think it'll be available earlier than that, direct from 3?

Trix
18th November 2005, 06:48 PM
Im hoping so.

If I get time tomorrow, I might harass the boys out at the Eastbourne store again, and see what they know ;)

Will keep you posted!

Hypnotic
19th November 2005, 01:17 PM
Forgot to post on this forum. Phones4u seems to have it in-store already, or the one in mare street, E8, seems to have it anyway. I saw it there when i went to apply for a job, and that was last saturday.

Trix
19th November 2005, 01:21 PM
Ok Im not gona have time to pop into town, so I've just called them instead. And its not sounding very promising :(

Called Eastbourne first, and it sounds like whoever advised me it would be out on the 21st was just pulling dates out of the air. The guy just laughed at me and said 'Definately not this month, maybe December'

Then I called Crawley for a second opinion, and the said it'll be here soon, and I should call back in the week????

Who knows :confused: :confused: :confused:

Chewy
19th November 2005, 10:10 PM
GGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting on my t*ts this is!!!!

If we have to wait much longer it'll be pointless getting the 6280 and might as well wait for the n80 !!!

Only that'll probably be delayed as well......

Ben
20th November 2005, 10:40 AM
A quick google reveals how little is still known about this phone despite its release expected any day now. I honestly don't think we'll see them in any number until next month and that'll probably be on Vodafone. Given that it was in Vodafone's Christmas lineup it should at least debut on the early side of December if they want to shift many.

The way none of the SIM-Free outfits have their hands on the 6280 yet could be a strong indication that Vodafone are taking a particularly large order, perhaps 3 also. As for the N80, I've got an itch that thinks we'll not see it in large numbers until April so I'd not worry too much!

SIM-Free distributors definitely need to be given higher regard by the manufacturers - they should be drip-feeding the market via SIM-Free channels as soon as production begins rather than, I assume, holding back the produced stock to satisfy bulk-buys from the biggies.

Hands0n
20th November 2005, 03:25 PM
The Carphone Warehouse catalogue for November says that the 6280 will be out in November but not on which networks.

No sign of it in the Three shop at Bluewater today, nor in any of the other shops. Vodafone shop is remaining either tight-lipped or they genuinely don't know.

I rekcon its going to be a December thing too, given that there is so much "nothingness" about the 6280 at a time when it has been touted to be out on general release.

Not sure about demand but ...... maybe this will be the N70 all over again in terms of how it is being delivered. Is this, then, a Nokia strategy or is it something altogether more sinister - like a very late production bug has been identified!:confused:

Chewy
22nd November 2005, 12:04 AM
I went into the ThreeStore in Superdrug in Luton today.

I asked the 3 Three staff in there if they knew when the 6280 will be out, and in surround sound the reply was, "Thursday or Friday this week"....

I said, "really....you sure??".....

And one of them said that they were reliably told today that that's when they'll be delivered to stores......

Lets see shall we.

lol

Trix
23rd November 2005, 06:32 PM
Yipeeee! Lets hope so! :D

Chewy
23rd November 2005, 07:37 PM
IT'S NOW LISTED ON THE 3 WEBSITE !!! Along with the v3x....

Price shows TBC

:):):):):):):)

Ben
24th November 2005, 06:57 PM
All I could get out of the Vodafone store today was that it's expected December and that it was still part of the Christmas lineup.

Hands0n
24th November 2005, 09:06 PM
I certainly hope that it is part of Vodafone's Christmas lineup :) That would make me a very happy chappy indeed :D Otherwise I'll just end up Mr Grumpy :mad: all over Christmas and it will all be Vodafone's fault :(

This is getting to be a bit of a trend for Nokia releases of late. I can't wait for the N80 release :rolleyes:

Chewy
24th November 2005, 10:19 PM
I'm sure I was reading somewhere (may have been on here) or heard that the 6280 was exclusive to "3" for 3 months....

Ben
24th November 2005, 11:14 PM
That's impossible... Vodafone already announced it in their Christmas lineup a month or more ago, and surely Nokia wouldn't be that stupid. I hope, anyway! But I'll eat my left shoe if you're right ;)

Hands0n
24th November 2005, 11:24 PM
Would you like Bisto or Oxo with that? :D

I truly hope you're right Ben! My wallet is twitching uncontrollably and Vodafone (my intended new mobop) are doing my head in with the waiting!

Chewy
25th November 2005, 12:43 PM
Oh surprise...

Still shown as "coming soon" on the 3 website.

So I gave them a ring, their reply, "no sorry we don't do that model", and "no we don't know when it's coming in, we don't get told till the day".

GRRRRRR!!!!

After I was told it'd be in-store on Thurs/Fri....

To be honest I'm not surprised....just getting really p1ssed off with it!!!!

Ben
25th November 2005, 02:31 PM
http://www.vodafone-emailme.co.uk/vfemailme/coming_soon.jsp

Available December on a real network ;)

Chewy
25th November 2005, 02:41 PM
Coverage isn't bad for 3G, however i can't find any tariff that suits me on Vodafone....whereas the Online1400 on 3 is ideal for what I need.

Ben
25th November 2005, 02:47 PM
I'm sorry, I couldn't resist ;) Three's tariffs strike again!

Edit: Excellent to see it on Voda's coming soon page though. I was starting to get a little concerned!

Chewy
25th November 2005, 04:38 PM
No point even looking on o2....they've not even got the N70 yet!!! And their 3G coverage is no good where I live....

Hands0n
25th November 2005, 06:15 PM
http://www.vodafone-emailme.co.uk/vfemailme/coming_soon.jsp

Available December on a real network ;)

Most excellent - I've registered for getting told when it is finally available to buy. As soon as it is I'm off to the local Ye Olde Vodafone Shoppe for a quick fondle and sign up for a contract.

Woo [about bl33din time too] Hoo !! :D :D :D

Ben
25th November 2005, 06:19 PM
Most excellent - I've registered for getting told when it is finally available to buy. As soon as it is I'm off to the local Ye Olde Vodafone Shoppe for a quick fondle and sign up for a contract.

Woo [about bl33din time too] Hoo !! :D :D :D
As good an idea as the email service is, the phone will probably hit the stores a good week before the website gets it and/or the email is sent out. Now's probably a great time to get sweet with the sales staff!

Trix
25th November 2005, 06:19 PM
Im getting pretty peed off with 3 myself. Each shop says somethin different from the last one . . .

Yesterday:

Hastings - No mate, its not out yet, wont be for a while yet. Come on, the N70 has only just come out, hasn't it. (careful now, IM NOT UR MATE!)

Eastbourne - No not yet, wasn't in this mornings delivery, but we're expecting it any day, U'll just have 2 keep calling back and checking.

Arn't all of 3's staff briefed the same thing? Obviously not.

Hands0n
25th November 2005, 06:22 PM
As good an idea as the email service is, the phone will probably hit the stores a good week before the website gets it and/or the email is sent out. Now's probably a great time to get sweet with the sales staff!

Good point! I'll drop her in a bunch of roses and a box of choccy's tomorrow afternoon :) Dunno, if she's keen enough she might take my number and phone me when one comes in!! I could be there within the hour!! Arkwright wouldn't let me out of the shop without buying something :) Gawd rest his soul.

Hands0n
25th November 2005, 06:24 PM
@Trix - all that is normal 3 "Arse and Elbow" behaviour. The same folk don't organise celebrations in a brewery for pretty much the same reasons :) You'll only know when you actually see one in the display case!!! And you'll probably be ahead of the shop staff even then.

LOL @ "Mate" ..... probably an ex P4U staff member. They keep calling me "Mate" much to my chagrin, and their embarassment as I point out that I really do not know them at all well.

Chewy
25th November 2005, 07:26 PM
Funny...you can download 3's Nokia 6280 User guide....but can't get your hands on the damned phone!!!!!! lol....

Trix
26th November 2005, 12:05 AM
Just got back from the flicks, and as much as I love phones, there truely are some places that you just shouldn't be showing the person next to you all the features on your mobile phone!

The Film was quite good though, saw 'Flightplan'. Total American cheese, but it was ok.

Had 2 go for the 2nd choice mind, wanted to see Transporter 2, but they havn't got it yet. We seem to be 2 weeks behind the rest of the world down here. Just hope that doesn't apply to the release of mobiles aswell!

Ben
26th November 2005, 08:48 PM
Tonights X-Factor has been plastered with Nokia 6280 sponsorship adverts ;)

Looks fab I must say!

Hands0n
26th November 2005, 10:12 PM
Now they're taunting me :confused: ............... Its just not funny anymore

Trix
27th November 2005, 04:42 PM
To all U mods and admin people, I wasn't 2 sure where 2 post this, so have ended up here.

Just wonderd if there was any chance of creating a new section in this forum? As there isn't really a place 2 post funnies, or for general chit chat.

I dont want 2 steal the spot light away from the phones, but Im sure we've all had things we wanted 2 post before, but no where appropriate 2 put them.

PM me 2 let me know what you think, as I dont want 2 totally hijack this thread.

Cheers

Ben
27th November 2005, 05:02 PM
Hey Trix - I'm afraid we don't really allow general chit chat/funnies here - 3G/related discussion only. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Trix
27th November 2005, 06:03 PM
Hey Trix - I'm afraid we don't really allow general chit chat/funnies here - 3G/related discussion only. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

No worries.

No harm in asking, ay ;)

Chewy
27th November 2005, 08:35 PM
So...will tomorrow be the day when we see the 6280 in stores and to buy on the website....?

I really hope so... :( :mad:

Chewy
28th November 2005, 01:03 PM
Well the answer is NO!!!!

Website unchanged. ThreeStore's still not got it. And a phonecall to Three with the response, "It should be out around Christmas".....

And X-Factor/Nokia will continue to advertise something that's unavailable...

:( :( :(

Hands0n
28th November 2005, 03:41 PM
Just got back from the Vodafone shop that I've been hassling for the past month :) The manager there said that the Nokia 6280 will be out on Vodafone by ............. wait for it .......... December 27th

Sob!

Ben
28th November 2005, 04:25 PM
27th?! Lmaooo... December by a thread! Surely they have to have it out before Christmas :S Surely! :confused: :rolleyes: :eek:

Hands0n
28th November 2005, 04:53 PM
I know, I know! For once in a very few times of my life I was relatively speechless :D The words of exhasperation and astonishment at the timing just would not form in my throat. So I just mumbled "Oh, fanks" and sheepishly walked back out of the Vodafone shop.

I'm going to hang on though - I really don't think I'll get on with the small(er) screen of the Z500 and really do not want another 6680/N70 format device. Everything else 3G does not really interest me very much at all.

Hmmmmm, maybe this really is why 3G is having such a struggle with the punters. Not enough selection, and most of what there is is blinking huge!

After the 6280 my next handset of choice will be the N80 - compact and bijoux. Which is nice :)

Now what we really need is some inside info about why the 6280 is being delayed so heavily. Is it to stimulate demand like the games console firms do? Or is it simply such an early announcement that we seem to be hanging around forever for the beastie to actually surface into the daylight? Anyone in the know care to offer an insightful thought or two?

Trix
28th November 2005, 07:37 PM
Well the answer is NO!!!!

Website unchanged. ThreeStore's still not got it. And a phonecall to Three with the response, "It should be out around Christmas".....

And X-Factor/Nokia will continue to advertise something that's unavailable...

:( :( :(

UR just the same as me, harassing shop staff every day, we've got it bad !!!! :D

Chewy
1st December 2005, 01:28 PM
So.....

Still no sign of it. :mad:

I sent 3 an email the other day, and when I got home from work there was a message from 3 Customer Services asking me to give em a ring....I thought, "here we go, 1st December, it's out"....

So I checked the website b4 I phoned them....no change...hmmmm...

And when I spoke to them, "sorry it's not come in yet"....

Not quite sure why they phoned me now...they could've replied to my email saying, "dunno"....!!!!!

Hands0n
1st December 2005, 01:41 PM
I had a phonecall from Mobilefun today (mobilefun.co.uk) who are offering the 6280 on 3 real soon now, they checked on their pooter and it said within the next two weeks, and certainly before Christmas week! Its going to be a very late dash methinks and I'm inclined to believe Mobilefun before 3 or anyone else's shopfronts!

I did tell Mobilefun that I specifically wanted the 6280 on a Vodafone 3G contract, the guy didn't flinch, said he'd put a note on my file and make sure I got called as soon as they could offer it. Now thats the kind of "Arkwrights Open All Hours" business mentality that I like!

I'll keep yer posted.

Chewy
1st December 2005, 11:43 PM
I found something on another forum that says the phone will be out very soon...should be in stores from next week.

The source said he went to his local CPWhouse, they said that they will have it in store from next week..also because they have advertised it (as part of x-factor) that they must release it next week as per contract with stores apprently.

they also gave me him a leaflet where it had the 6280 as a 'buy it now' phone..however the only service available was 3. they also mentioned that they may have it in stock sim free too........

Trix
2nd December 2005, 07:11 PM
God I hope so, Ive only go 11 day left on my current T-mobile contract, then I'll lose my mobile number :(

Noooooooo ! ! ! !

Ben
2nd December 2005, 07:16 PM
Why would you lose your mobile number? Your contract wont just vanish when you reach 12/18 months - you'll keep on being billed. The only difference is that you can cancel/port out at any time. :)

Hands0n
2nd December 2005, 07:25 PM
Too right an'all, thats exactly where I am at the moment. My Orange contract 12 month'ed on 16 October 2005 and I have been hanging on for Vodafone to bring out the 6280 since then. Orange are quite happily billing me as per usual. What is really, really, really, really, really, really odd is ....... that Orange have not phoned me to ask if I wanted an upgrade or anything else like that. Something they did last year, before France Telecom took them over I presume. So they are quite happy to take my money ad infinitum while giving all the goodies to the brand new peeps signing up to their network.

Bah Humbug and Happy Christmas to Orange with knobs on

Chewy
2nd December 2005, 09:29 PM
Dno't worry HandsOn...Im sure as soon as you phone Orange to terminate your contract they'll start making offers....

tho saying that, when I terminated mine with o2, they made a few offers, I said I wasn't interested in anything, and they actually NEVER phoned me again after that!

I remember years ago when I was with Vodafone thru P4U, when I terminated they never stopped phoning with different offers, but were never willing to give me 600 free texts a month like I was about to get with Genie....

Hands0n
2nd December 2005, 10:03 PM
Orange Retentions can be persuasive but by the time I call them I would have already have signed up with Vodafone! So it would be too late, and I will take the time to tell Orange Retentions why. Primarily a lack of any suitable upgrade to 3G on their website, plus none of their 3G handsets interest me, plus their tariffs compared with some of Vodafone's are not competitive. So thats three strikes, and I'm off :)

I was with Voda yonks ago and share your experience of when I left them. They wouldn't leave me alone for a few months - this was Voda direct and not a 3rd party. Good effort but I'd already signed up with Orange and so it was too late.

Retentions should be a pro-active activity, not retrospective when it normally is indeed too late. Me having to phone Retentions to grab a better deal is just not on, for me. But then I'm just a grumpy old s*d :)

Trix
2nd December 2005, 10:36 PM
I thought that's the way its always been?

I have always had to call my the network provider and chase for an upgrade after my contract term has run out?!?! BT Cellnet, then Orange, and now T-Mobile.

Trix
2nd December 2005, 10:45 PM
Why would you lose your mobile number? Your contract wont just vanish when you reach 12/18 months - you'll keep on being billed. The only difference is that you can cancel/port out at any time. :)

My bills start from the 15th each month, and knowing the network would want at least a clear months notice for me to cancel, I ummed and arred over whether 2 cancel on the 14th November or wait until the 6280 was definately out.

Finally I decided to call and canx, so Ive got my pac code 2 enable me 2 port my number accross, but its only valid for 30 days. Then my T-Mobile phone is no more! :confused: And Im assuming I would lose my number??

Dont really want 2 lose it, I've become kinda fond of it over the years :p

Hands0n
2nd December 2005, 10:58 PM
@Trix - if the worst comes to the worst, use the PAC to transfer the number to a PAYG SIM temporarily. Once you get your 6280 you can then get a PAC from the PAYG provider and port it over to your new 6280 number. Its messy but probably the only way to save your number!

You could buy a cheapo LG U8110/8120 from Woolies or one of the high st stores, activate it, then call 3 CS and give them the PAC code. They're banging them out for around £50 which includes £30 airtime credit, so thats £20 for the handset - keep it as a spare in case the 6280 has a fault!!

Ben
2nd December 2005, 10:58 PM
I was under the impression that if a PAC code is not used before is expiration then nothing happens - the account is only cancelled if you actually use the code. However, you may want to call up and verify that ;) ;)

Trix
2nd December 2005, 11:28 PM
Both good ideas. Will do.

Cheers :)

Hands0n
3rd December 2005, 06:03 PM
Trix, best you sit down for this. :D

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up but .....

http://www.acemobilephones.com/mobile_manufacturers/Nokia_Mobile_Phones/nokia_6280_mobile_phone.html

Given that you're not supposed to be selling something you don't have, or cant deliver ....... UK Trading Standards laws ...... this mob don't say that they can't deliver the goods!!! as far as I can see anyroadup!!!

Encouragingly scary :)

Trix
4th December 2005, 01:17 PM
Wow, I think I love U! That’s the best thing I have seen all week! :eek: :D

Am gona be patient and wait till Wednesday, if its not out by then I’ll pre-order from this site.

I popped in store yesterday, and take back what I have previously said about 3 satff, as this time they were genuinely helpful.

They’re almost positive it will be out this week, Wednesday by the latest. I quizzed then about what 2 do with regards to my pac code running out, and could I transfer my number to a ‘pay as you go’ sim until the 6280 was out, but they said that wouldn’t be necessary.

Apparently if I call T-Mobile, I can ask 2 have another month before cancelling, it would just mean 1 more bill, and I’ll be given a new code valid from 15th Dec – 14tn Jan. (But hopefully if its out this week, I wont need 2)

They’ve taken my mob number and are gona call me as soon as its in, so that I can go down 2 the store and collect it. Have no fear, U guys will B the 1st 2 know ;)

Hands0n
4th December 2005, 02:34 PM
That's even more gooder news :D Wednesday can't come quickly enough.

I'm hoping that if 3 are releasing it on Wednesday then the same will be true for Vodafone (who I want to go with from Orange - I already have a 3 too). This happened during this week with the Motorola V3x, both 3 and Voda had them out on the same day!

Good news too re your PAC and what to be doing with it. I don't suppose T-Mob will say no to another month of your hard-earned :)

Do we know how many of us are awaiting the 6280 on here, or is it only the two of us :eek:

Hands0n
4th December 2005, 02:40 PM
A little Poll has been set up to see how popular the 6280 is likely to be on Talk3G - see it here https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1920 Nip along and vote :)

Chewy
4th December 2005, 02:54 PM
I'm waiting desperately as well!!!!!

And as for t-mob wanting another months line rental, o2 told me to bugger off!! lol. I cancelled on the 10th October, realised the 6280 wasn't gonna be out early November, so phoned o2 to see if I could have another month on my contract and they said, "NO, either it finishes on the 10th November or you have another years contract".... I was a bit :eek: :eek: :eek:

Fine, GOODBYE O2 !!!!!

I can sense the imminent arrival of the 6280 now...i'm sure it's coming this week! :D :D :D :D :D

Trix
4th December 2005, 04:45 PM
This happened during this week with the Motorola V3x, both 3 and Voda had them out on the same day!

Was chatting 2 the guy in the 3 store about the release dates on a lot of phones at the mo, and how their leavin it abit close to Xmas

U would of thought if they had any sense they would have got them out a bit sooner, giving them maximum time 4 sales and some heavey duty promoting, but hey, that just sounds a bit 2 sensible

He told me how Motorola virtually stopped production on all other phones, just so they could get the new VX3 out in time 4 Xmas.

So its not just Nokia that are struggling

chris7494
5th December 2005, 02:14 PM
Well guys!

I just found this thread, as I am also looking at getting 6280 and keep nagging my local carphone warehouse for information, they tell me they are expecting it in this week, but they just called the main distribution centre for me to check and they are saying its been delayed and they havent even recieved it there yet and they reckon it takes a few days to get into stores from there, so looks like we might be waiting to the end of the week. Also they did comment that they will have it available on 3 before any other network and wouldnt be till the new year before its available on vodafone. Dunno if thats just in the leeds area but usually uniform all over the country isnt it?

Thought I should let you all know! Dunno why i`m going to get another 3 contract when i`m having such problems with them at the moment, sucker for punsihment i guess!

Chris

Chewy
5th December 2005, 05:42 PM
I seem to keep having probs with the 3 shop website...I keep dreaming that it's cos they're updating it to put the Nokia 6280 as available for ordering....that was dreaming! I know it isn't tho. :(

Hands0n
5th December 2005, 06:43 PM
@Chewy - There is an ominous space on their webpage for Nokia http://threestore.three.co.uk/phones.aspx?searchType=1026
I wonder what that could be for?? :D :D

Chewy
5th December 2005, 09:25 PM
Seems to be running normally again now. No addition of the 6280. :(

Just more pink phones...!

Trix
5th December 2005, 09:55 PM
Well, as U may of guessed, I haven't heard from 3 today.

I'll give em a bell 2mora, and post back the latest ;)

Chewy
6th December 2005, 03:25 PM
Can't believe it's still not out...and whilst doing some googling I came across the Whatmobile forum and had a look at what they're saying about the 6280...

One forum user says the 6280, "Ships in 7-14 days on 3 from Mobile Fun"

Another says, "Spoke to staff at 3 store in Lakeside Monday evening and they said phone is available in 2 weeks, just before Xmas."

CAN YOU IMAGINE IT BEING ANOTHER 2 WEEKS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only positive thing I can think of is that I've asked 3 a number of times when it's coming, and they keep giving me different answers, so therefore think they (customer services) don't really know themselves....
One of the CS blokes I spoke to said they only know it's coming when they get the delivery...!!!

Trix
6th December 2005, 07:19 PM
But . . . but . . . I cant go another 2 weeks ! ! ! !

I'll lose the plot !

:eek: :mad: :eek:

God help us all, this is gona be a dark 2 weeks.

andy1927
7th December 2005, 12:54 PM
My plot was well and truly lost long ago, Trix. I don't think I can handle another two weeks.

It would be okay if they'd've said 19th Dec in the first place.. but no.. they have to tease us with these release dates.. then when the day comes, they put it back again..

They're toying with us.

Chewy
7th December 2005, 01:10 PM
I feel quite safe in saying it'll be out b4 Xmas....agreed?

I've been close to just ordering the N70, but it's not what I really want, and I've paid out enough money on PAYG Top Ups....so rather than that money being wasted, I'm gonna hold out for the 6280....which will be out b4 Xmas!!!!!

lol

andy1927
7th December 2005, 01:20 PM
I'd feel safe saying it'll be out before Christmas, yeah. Christmas '06 ;-)

Yeah you're right, I'm sure it'll be available by the 19th, it'd just be nice to have a confirmed date so we're not left hanging around. I've spoken to three different people at Three; one said next week, one said next week last week, and just now they said we don't have a date but will call me back when they get it.

I think we're nagging them so much that they just make it up as they go along to get rid of you ;-)

I can't believe it's been on X Factor ads for two weeks and there's still not even a release date yet. It's beyond a joke!

Chewy
8th December 2005, 12:23 AM
I see the Vodafone website says the 6280 is coming in January 2006....I certainly hope 3 don't launch it on the same day...!!!! I want it b4 Xmas !!!!

andy1927
8th December 2005, 10:57 AM
Okay here's something weird.

http://www.phones4u.co.uk/shop/shop_contract_details.asp?ItemKey=142841 says they have it IN STOCK but..yesterday it said "allow 14 days for delivery" and today it says "allow 15 days for delivery". Bah!

Not that I'd buy it from anyone other than Orange or Three direct anyway.

Chewy
8th December 2005, 11:33 AM
Latest rumour I've heard is that the 6280 will be available from the 12th December....yeah yeah

Hands0n
8th December 2005, 12:35 PM
Oh gawd! :( I've just about had it with Nokia :mad: and their 6280 endless delays! It wouldn't be half as bad if they were to give us poor old mushrooms some information as to why its delayed and when they can suggest it may be coming out. If for no other reason than to give us a sporting chance at making a decision to buy another handset or wait it out!

Its a nice phone spec, sure enough. But its not worth this endless grief and I do want out of my Orange contract and on to Vodafone. So, maybe its time to think about the alternatives that Vodafone have to offer in the run up to Christmas.

There is life outside Nokia, allegedly :)

Trix
8th December 2005, 06:19 PM
There is life outside Nokia, allegedly :)

Noooooooooooo! Dont do it!

Come on, we've come this far. U've gota try and wait just a few more days.

Just try and imagine how p*ssed U'll be once it comes out and other people have got it, but U've got some other impostor hanset.

Could U really live with UR self ?

Hands0n
8th December 2005, 09:18 PM
Okay, I really really really want the 6280 on Vodafone but I have no intention of hanging around until [maybe/maybenot] January! So, the way through this may be to upgrade to it on 3 and get something else on Voda. 'Cept there really isn't anything on their portfolio that I particularly want right now! The 6280 was it, and the N80 will be it when it finally surfaces in 2006.

Could I live with myself? Yes, but I'd be murder to be around for the best part of a month!! Even the animals hide away when I get like that :D

I'm gonna wait until the final week to order stuff in December, thats less than 10 days I think, and then I'll take the plunge with Vodafone. Orange has just gotta go, I've really got the 'ump wiv them.

Trix
8th December 2005, 09:47 PM
Ok, I wont say anything further on it . . . 4 now.

But rest assured, I will try and talk you out of getting another phone, when the time comes. :p

Dont think I could bear 2 C some1 miss out on such a gorgeous phone by such a narrow margin

It getting close, I can feel it in my bones!

Chewy
9th December 2005, 01:15 AM
Ok....nipped into The Link today in Croydon. Asked the salesman when the 6280 will be out...he said they're expecting a delivery on Saturday....

ALSO....

On another forum, one user said the following:-
"I was speaking to a nice woman at three today, I emailed them and within the hour they called back!. Anyway, she said the phone was ready for release and all the documenation is in place, apparently there are a couple of three stores with the phone already, and ready to sell from Saturday, this is what I was told. She also said that there could be a small delay, its all down to agreements and pricing"

SO THAT'S 2 CASES WHERE SATURDAY HAS BEEN MENTIONED.

FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whatleydude
9th December 2005, 12:37 PM
All I can say is:

I went through this whole process with the Nokia N70.

Good luck guys.
Be happy in knowing that when you DO get one.. you'll have a 3-4 week period where you'll be the only people you know with one!

Uber-Kudos!

andy1927
9th December 2005, 06:22 PM
Well I've heard from numerous phone dealers, plus Three themselves, and they reckon they're getting it next week.. but.. the latest rumour on the mobile-review.com forums is that the 6280's S40 V3 has a bug which has delayed its lauch til Jan. (I figure that if it's true, it must be a bug relating to it's 3G capabilities as other Nokias with S40 V3 are already out.)

To be honest I'm just not gonna believe anything til I actually see it with my own eyes. I've lost all my patience with it long ago and I'm not about to lose my hair on top, so, altho I won't be upgrading my phone til it's out (even tho my contract ends next week) I won't be refreshing any online shop sites every hour anymore until I hear the words "we have it in stock" with my own ears over the phone.

And that doesn't count any more dreams I have about it ;-)

That sounds really sad but I've been waiting for this phone for ages with the promise of it being available by Christmas.

If Nokia has released the 6280 in November it would've been amazing. As it stands, if the delay is true, then it won't be long before the N80 is released and probably loads more which can match it. Sucks.

And no, I'm not saying this just to put everyone off buying one so that there's more in stock for me ;-) I'm just repeating what I've heard on here: http://mobile-review.com/forum2/showthread.php?t=36697&page=18

I feel safe in saying this whole process has been an absolute joke. It's ridiculous :-(

EDIT: Chewy, better cross everything that you can cross, as the phones4u.co.uk store has changed from "allow 15 days for delivery" to "pre-order now for delivery in January" :-/

Ben
9th December 2005, 06:44 PM
Indeed, I've seen the 6270 available SIM-Free which would back up your theory that there's a problem with the new S40 OS for 3G delaying the 6280. As the first S40 3G handset I guess we should have forseen such problems!

andy1927
9th December 2005, 07:01 PM
Ben, I think Nokia and their testers should've seen the problems before giving us three or four release dates only to keep delaying it ;-)

I personally think Nokia have shot themselves in the foot, considering they've been advertising the phone on UK's X Factor adverts for two weeks already (three weeks tomorrow).

I'll be completely gutted if this all turns out to be true.

I'm stuck with a bum out of date contract, tariff and phone until next month at least by the looks of it >:-/

Hands0n
9th December 2005, 07:20 PM
I'm that close to junking my expired Orange contract and taking up one of the Vodafone SIM-only 30-day contracts to keep me going until the 6280 arrives on Vodafone. But, I am now quite worried about the reasons for the delay as explained by andy1927 above. The last thing I want is a problematic handset especially as it will be for my business-use (3 only get to be for personal use). So a buggy Nokia 6280 will be doing me no favours at all, and I cant be having to send it off to CPW every two weeks!!!

As Vodafone are saying "Available January 2006" they must have some good idea that the handset will not be ready for their own primetime until then. They tend to be a good indicator and so my money is on January being when the 6280 will be available, if at all by then.

Chewy
9th December 2005, 10:08 PM
I can't take this much longer....I NEED a new phone and contract!!!

So Nokia/3 have to get this phone out by Monday...if not i'm gonna have to go for something else!!!

What are the thoughts on the V3x?

This is the last time i'm gonna hang on and hang on for a new phone! In future I'm just gonna get what's best at the time! This ordeal has wound me up more than my job! Never again! And there's no way I'm gonna hang on for the N80 cos it could easily have the same sort of delay!

Hands0n
9th December 2005, 10:18 PM
You've got to go get a V3x in your hands and play with it for a while before deciding yes or no, seriously! I love the overall design myself but the keypad leaves me dead cold. So much so that I would'nt touch one with the proverbial barge pole! But thats just me, so don't go on my words to make your mind up. Go cop a feel for yourself :D

I'm with you on the "waiting for God" syndrome that has become the wait for the 6280. It has got me totally pi55ed off with Nokia. Why launch something that you patently cannot deliver? This is getting to be such a habitual practise with manufacturers these days. My only trouble with going for something else is simply that there is nothing else on Vodafone that I actually want! And I'm not prepared to take a 12 or 18 month contract out on a handset that I could easily do without!!

BTW, this has got to now be the longest running thread on Talk 3G to date :) Woo hoo!!

Chewy
10th December 2005, 01:12 AM
Just been giving myself a migraine browsing various sites and came across the following:-
This mobile phone is available to buy before the launch date (19/12/2005) for delivery on the 21/12/2005

That was on the following link - http://www.3phones.com/three_mobile_phones/three_mobile_phone.asp?productid=2189

Maybe I should give it till Xmas....lol....

Trix
10th December 2005, 12:58 PM
Ok....nipped into The Link today in Croydon. Asked the salesman when the 6280 will be out...he said they're expecting a delivery on Saturday....

ALSO....

On another forum, one user said the following:-
"I was speaking to a nice woman at three today, I emailed them and within the hour they called back!. Anyway, she said the phone was ready for release and all the documenation is in place, apparently there are a couple of three stores with the phone already, and ready to sell from Saturday, this is what I was told. She also said that there could be a small delay, its all down to agreements and pricing"

SO THAT'S 2 CASES WHERE SATURDAY HAS BEEN MENTIONED.

FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So much 4 the Saturday theory, Ive called everywhere, and not a 6280 in sight :mad:

And I really thought 2day could B the day :( :( :(

Everyone I spoke 2 said 'probably early next week' but as we all know, they havent got a clue themselves, so I would take that 2 literally

Hands0n
10th December 2005, 06:31 PM
This is turning into the Neverending Tale :)

Very very frustrating indeed for those who are getting wound up about these interminable delays. Not that I am :eek:

I suspect that any so-called information offered by the shops or the CS must be considered the proverbial bull's poo poos. They don't know, and it would probably be better they just said so.

For sure, someone, somewhere, does know but is keeping mum, and that is not particularly encouraging. It suggests that there is a significant issue or set of issues to be resolved beforehand.

This warrants a handfull of :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: 's Nokia, take it on notice that you have been seriously frowned at by your Customers.

Trix
10th December 2005, 07:12 PM
Well, they're not using the 6280 ads on tonights X-Factor, they've reverted back to the old ones.

This cant be a good sign :(

Hands0n
10th December 2005, 11:21 PM
Was that the 3310?

timothythetim
11th December 2005, 12:20 AM
i saw one tonight on the x factor for the 6230i

Chewy
12th December 2005, 12:54 PM
In the mobile review forum, there's a user called Moby who is a Nokia Beta Tester, http://mobile-review.com/forum2/showthread.php?t=36697&page=1

He reckons, "There aren't any issues now. Software is ready, should be shipping out this week."

I hope he's right....lol

Ben
12th December 2005, 02:35 PM
lmao wow! Someone drag that guy over here pronto! ;) Sounds good though I have to say, first live pic I've seen of it as well I think. It's going to be a huge success for 3G, I just hope it's as big a success as the 6230i it replaces.

andy1927
12th December 2005, 05:47 PM
Chewy, that site has already put the date back twice so far. Last time I checked, it said "delivery on the 7th Dec", when it hit the 7th, it changed to "delivery on the 21st"!

Also three.co.uk have removed it from their website completely, it doesn't even say "coming soon", it's just vanished! Plus as already mentioned, it wasn't on the X Factor ads this week.

Having said all that, from what I've gathered (and with what Moby from the other forum has said as posted earlier) I would expect it to be available next week. Hurrah!

Hands0n
12th December 2005, 06:15 PM
I am sticking my head in a bucket of sand and am not coming out until the 6280 arrives and someone taps me on the shoulder :)

I don't think that even the PSP or XBox 360 got as muddled a release as the Nokia 6280!

Not wishing to be a party pooper but ........ I'm hoping that the reality meets the expectation. If Nokia have had so much trouble with the firmware for the 6280 it will be a ruinous customer experience if it still has significant bugs. Some we can live with, others we simply cannot. And if 3 have added their usual branding and menu crippling it could make matters worse.

So here's hopeing and being as wildly optimistic is possible that the availability delays are precisely to avoid the aforementioned :D

Chewy
12th December 2005, 09:17 PM
It's difficult to stay optimistic now....

The v3x was never taken off the 3 site before it came on as available....

I think they've taken it off as it's been delayed till Q1 2006 and they're sick of the phone calls asking when it's coming out.

I hope I'm bloody wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

andy1927
12th December 2005, 10:22 PM
Funnily enough that's exactly what I said on mobile-review.com, Chewy! But I've just come in from the pub to see a reply from Moby, who's been testing the 6280 for months. Here's a quote:

"All I know is that its ready and hopefully many of you will have it this week/next week."

If you want the whole thread, it's here:
http://mobile-review.com/forum2/showthread.php?t=36697&page=19

Chewy
13th December 2005, 01:04 AM
I was thinking....I've read in tonnes of places that 3 have exclusive rights to the 6280, probably only for a month or so...but that'd explain why every other network says it's coming Jan or Feb '06.

Doesn't explain why 3 have taken it off their website tho. :(:(:(:(:(

Hands0n
13th December 2005, 07:18 AM
The 6280 is still on their "Compare Handsets" pages http://www.three.co.uk/explore/handsets/handsetsCompare05.omp?cid1=1131124205909&cid2=1099310389144&cid3=

Chewy
13th December 2005, 11:17 AM
A user of the expansys forum has said:-
"I just rang Three store in Birmingham and the chap there said that they received an email about them this morning, but he didn't get to see it!! But he is still being told to tell customers that it will be available this / next week. But how many times have we heard that!!!"

I've just phoned Luton 3 in Superdrug and they don't know anything yet...

Chewy
14th December 2005, 01:37 PM
I've heard shipping of the 6280 will commence on the 15th December in Europe....

Lets see shall we!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Chewy
14th December 2005, 04:02 PM
Dear Chewy,
Thank you for contacting Nokia Helpline.
With regard to your query concerning the release date of the Nokia 6280. This phone is scheduled for release BEFORE January 2006. Unfortunately this is all the information we have available at this time.

Hands0n
14th December 2005, 04:10 PM
This is definitely going to be one of those "it'll come when it comes" situations. Does not bode well for the first batch!

Chewy
14th December 2005, 04:13 PM
The 1st batch will sell out in hours judging by the number of people that seem to be waiting for it on all the forums i've been reading!!!!

Must make sure I'm on the ball....!!!!

Chewy
15th December 2005, 09:17 AM
"kittylitterdesign", a user of a couple of other forums has said the following...

"I spoke with Phones 4 U today who showed me an official press release email from Nokia that they had been sent today, stating that it has been delayed until Friday 13th Jan 2006.
So there ya go - it aint gonna be coming from Santa this xmas!"

B#LL*CKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just spoken to a 3 @ Superdrug....they don't know what's going on, the guy said they are/were definately expecting it b4 Xmas, but they've also heard "a" rumour about mid-january, but haven't heard anything official. Says they've got all the other stuff for it and all the posters to go up...just no phone!!!

This is all like an ill-timed April fools joke gone wrong for Nokia!!!!!

Chewy
15th December 2005, 04:08 PM
Right I'm officially giving up on the 6280....

Me mates just told me he went into the 3store in Eastbourne and they've taken down anything "6280"...and they've been told not to expect it till mid-January....(Also the 3 website has TOTALLY taken off the website anything to do with it!!!)

I need a new phone/contract asap and don't wanna wait another month, even tho I was really looking forward to getting the 6280. :(:(:(

So I think i'm gonna go for the Moto v3x....and then next Nov/Dec I'll get the N80 which SHOULD have come out....unless there's anything better that's PHYSICALLY been released....NOT waiting again!!!

Hands0n
15th December 2005, 07:35 PM
@Chewy - I am of the same temper regarding the availability of the 6280. Clearly something very wrong has happened with that particular handset that has exceeded Nokia's ability to get it sorted pronto-like.

As I have been waiting for Vodafone to get this, and the story is that 3 will have an up-front exclusive on this I do not intend to wait any longer. So I'm off to get my hands on a Sony Ericsson W900i and am on to those very nice folk at Vodafone at this precise moment :)

andy1927
16th December 2005, 03:09 PM
From Orange: "I am pleased to inform you that the Nokia 6280 is currently under review and should be released on the Orange network in December.

However, I need to make you aware, this is subject to change."

Bear in mind that I told them I'd be moving to Three if they get it first as my 12 month contract is now over.. so they could just be saying that to keep me waiting with them ;-)

Trix
17th December 2005, 08:08 AM
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Guess Im the only one still hanging on for the 6280 then.

This is really starting 2 wind me up though, just 4 the simple fact that the longer this is delayed, the closer it gets to the release of the N80

Not fair !!!!!!

Chewy
17th December 2005, 01:03 PM
Got my Moto V3x today....very nice it is too....gonna take some getting used to tho...Never had a Moto b4....

Hands0n
17th December 2005, 06:10 PM
That's it - my order is in with Vodafone for a Sony Ericsson W900i. Sorry Trix, you is on youse own at the moment, unless there is some silent peeps on this forum not saying nuffink.

I really, really, really wanted the 6280 but this whole episode has been a real damper on my enthusiasm for that particular handset. In fact, I do have a fair degree of mistrust that it will be a flyer on day one, not without a few problems with the OS or its functions. Nokia are being very tight lipped about why the delays are occurring, there is nothing anywhere which suggests to me that they are likely to be quite significant issue[s]. Consider how handsets are normally rushed out onto the marketplace and with the rapid number of follow-up OS updates. It all does not have a very encouraging omen about it.

I'll follow the progress of the 6280 when it finally comes out - but will have very little interest on the basis that the N80 does those one or two things more than the 6280 that would appeal to me.

ar5
17th December 2005, 06:37 PM
Dont worry trix, im with you still... in fact i am just about to order mine direct from 3.

I rang the number on the 3 website (after you click the shop link on left hand side), for direct sales, and the bloke said that they came in yesterday. Im just waiting for one of the contact team to ring me back when they are free..

So for those of you wanting one on 3, ring up asap.... as long as you dont get my one :eek:

Hands0n
17th December 2005, 06:40 PM
Hello ar5 - welcome to Talk3G. That is exciting news from you. Please do let us know how you get on with the little beastie. First impressions, did the handset meet your expectations, does it do what you want of it and all that good stuff. There will be many waiting with bated breath for this exciting handset from Nokia.

My 3 contract is up mid-Jan 2006 so I may still be in the market for one by then if the N80 has not been sighted on the horizon :)

solo12002
17th December 2005, 11:04 PM
6280. Clearly something very wrong has happened with that particular handset that has exceeded Nokia's ability to get it sorted pronto-like.

Yes I have to say I feel the smae. Nokia had some very good hand sets and indeed inform us of the release of some good handset.

But F knows whay its taking a year in some case form releasing details on them to get into the shops.

The N70 was one I could talk about and i bet its going to be the same with the 6270 and the n80 never mind the ones they release information on in sept like the 91 with blueberry.

Trix
18th December 2005, 01:02 PM
I rang the number on the 3 website (after you click the shop link on left hand side), for direct sales, and the bloke said that they came in yesterday. Im just waiting for one of the contact team to ring me back when they are free..

Could it be . . . :eek: :)

Ahhhhh, just called 3, and they closed till 2mora.

God damn it, I want one now!

ar5
18th December 2005, 01:13 PM
yeah, it has not all gone to plan...

read my post here for details...

http://mobile-review.com/forum2/showthread.php?p=342906&posted=1#post342906 :mad:

Hands0n
29th December 2005, 11:57 PM
Okay, so there has been a rather large pregnant pause .... but possible light at the end of the tunnel https://talk3g.co.uk/showpost.php?p=9815&postcount=6 although no verification that they have actually got their mits on a pukka 6280.

If what this guy is saying the deal is for upgrades only and not new customers! That would fit me fine, but I'm kinda hesitant after the difficulties during December. I'd like the OS to stabilise or at least start reading some good stuff about the 6280 experience before taking the plunge!

Whats the news with you all then?

Trix
1st January 2006, 08:50 PM
Well, I've still been harassing shop staff regularly, and heard about the 'we can only offer this handset to people upgrading' thing just before Christmas, but didnt think to post it (sorry - slapped wrist)

Decided I wasn't gona post again until I had some decent news, like I had the handset, but hear I am anyway :o

Nearly managed to get one out of the 3 store in Hastings. The guy there was gona see if him and his manager could get one of the hansets released to me early, as they wanted to sell me the phone this week so it could still be included in their figures for 2005. Supposedly they were doing well in a leugue for a sales competition and only needed to sell a few more to win the top prise. Apparently the regional manager thought it was a good idea to, because then he would get an extra bonus for having the winning branch in his region! All sounded very promising, but it all fell through, so still no phone. :(

Have also taken the decision now not to but from 3 direct, as they will only be releasing the phone on the highest tariffs for the 1st couple of months. If you buy through anyone else you can have your pick of any of the 3 tariffs. When I confronted them about this, they said 'yes, it is true, you can get a contract on any tariff through Phones 4U or The Carphone Warehouse, but your better off buying direct from us because we can offer you better deals' when I asked what deals, he said he couldn't say until the phone was out, and I should come back then :confused:

I averaged out my phone bills to find out what my best tariff would be. Quite like the look of the 'Talk & Text 600' it's only £15 for the 1st 7 months and then £30 a month for the remaining 5! Plus double texts for the 1st few months. Im not a high volume user, and would probably never go over my minutes, so its just not worth me paying for one of the higher tariffs.

http://www.onestopphoneshop.com/index.php?model=6280PO&tariff=PT600&gift=N7MH&model2=&tariff2=&gift2=&bucket=1

Anyway, the OneStopPhoneShop reckon they're gona have it in stock within the 1st few days of Jan, so fingers crossed. Yeah I know 'dont get your hopes up, coz you've heard it all before' :rolleyes:

Hands0n
1st January 2006, 09:08 PM
@Trix - oh do let us know how this all works out for you. And of course, after you lay hands on your long-awaited 6280 you will write up a little ole review for us n'est pas?

My 3 contract runs out on the 18th of this month, but I am now thinking of waiting for the N80 which Getti says is due around April time. Unless the same happens with that handset! It all depends on whether or not I can contain my patience :D

Trix
1st January 2006, 09:22 PM
Yeah, course I will.

As for the N80, you know its gona B delayed!

Have any of Nokia's recent handsets actually been released on time? I not sure on all of them, but the ones I follow the progress on, always seem to be severely delayed??

Not that Im trying 2 influence you, but . . . . .

:D You know you shld get the 6280 when UR contract runs out this month! :D

Im sure you'll find another way 2 get UR hands on the N80 when it comes out. If not, you could always just add another phone 2 UR collection. You can never have 2 many phones, right?

andy1927
3rd January 2006, 03:28 PM
I'm devastated about the delay on this phone.

Trix: I told Three, "What's the point of only giving this phone to existing customers when surely a major advantage of being the only network to have them in stock is being able to lure new customers to you?" and he said that in some cases they would indeed make an exception. They'd probably only offer you a rubbish deal tho.. so unless you're willing to pay a bit more than usual I don't see why it would fall through.. unlucky dude :-(

I'm hoping it comes out within two weeks on Orange.. I just can't afford the bills on my current taffif and I can't sort that out til I upgrade. Argh!

Orange have been telling me they have it in stock and it's "under review" and they're "putting their software on it" but have no exact date. They said Janurary tho. Then again they said December last month.

Can't.. wait.. no.. more..! How hard can it be to slap an Orange sticker on it. Just give us the phone! :-)

getti
3rd January 2006, 09:35 PM
I'm devastated about the delay on this phone.

Trix: I told Three, "What's the point of only giving this phone to existing customers when surely a major advantage of being the only network to have them in stock is being able to lure new customers to you?" and he said that in some cases they would indeed make an exception. They'd probably only offer you a rubbish deal tho.. so unless you're willing to pay a bit more than usual I don't see why it would fall through.. unlucky dude :-(

I'm hoping it comes out within two weeks on Orange.. I just can't afford the bills on my current taffif and I can't sort that out til I upgrade. Argh!

Orange have been telling me they have it in stock and it's "under review" and they're "putting their software on it" but have no exact date. They said Janurary tho. Then again they said December last month.

Can't.. wait.. no.. more..! How hard can it be to slap an Orange sticker on it. Just give us the phone! :-)

3 are offering this phone to upgrades only and new connections in 3 weeks time. Was delayed due to software problems which are now fixed... Nokia? software problems? surely not!;)

Orange wont just slap a logo on the phone..... oh no thats too simple. Expect to see a home screen on it and other crap

Trix
5th January 2006, 07:59 PM
Well, my phones on pre order now, so will let U know as soon as it arrives.

Have 2 say, Ive lost any excitement I had about this phone. Its just taken sooooo long! :(

whatleydude
5th January 2006, 08:05 PM
I'm sure it'll come back as soon as you get that box in your hands!
:)

*crosses fingers for ya*

andy1927
12th January 2006, 06:38 PM
12th Jan 2006. No sign of the 6280 unless you've been with 3 for a year. I can't for the life of me understand why 3 have exclusive rights but only supply to existing customers. They'd've gained so many new customers if they had exclusive right and allowed new customers to buy it. I would've switched, I know that for sure.

I, like you Trix, am getting bored. The 6280, when we finally get it at the end of the month, or even in February, will feel like old news. Problem is, there's still no other phone I'd prefer to have. It's just a bit.. sad, innit.

3 have done no one any favours with their exclusivity. The funny thing is, I probably wouldn't mind so much if we'd've just been told it's out in Feb from the start, instead of the initial November launch date.

Edit: Trix: Who did you pre-order it with? It's just that ordering direct from the network usually gets you a better deal. If I had to use a third-party dealer, I'd probably only pre-order from the Carphone Warehouse, as they allow you to select 3's Online tariffs (eg, 150mins, 600texts £20/month) although there's a charge for the handset on those tariffs.

Ben
12th January 2006, 07:03 PM
Was it 110% exclusive to Three, or is this just a case of slow shipments and complex operator customisations? If Three had it on exclusive I'm pretty sure it'd be in general retail.

andy1927
12th January 2006, 07:10 PM
Ben, I hoped you would've known more than me ;-)

I can understand the network customization slowing down release but it doesn't explain why 3 managed to sort theirs out weeks ago, nor why they're only giving it to their current customers.

Considering no one seems to even be able to buy it SIM-free, I'd have to lean towards the whole 3 having exclusive rights idea.

Don't mind me mate, I'm just having a moan due to having to wait and wait ;-)

Ben
26th January 2006, 05:51 PM
I just wanted to update this old thread to specify that, of course, the 6280 is now available to buy on 3 in general retail.

http://threestore.three.co.uk/phoneplans.aspx?offercode=&phoneDesc=Nokia_6280&phoneCode=NO6280TDSL&tariffid=0

Trix
26th January 2006, 07:08 PM
I just wanted to update this old thread to specify that, of course, the 6280 is now available to buy on 3 in general retail.

http://threestore.three.co.uk/phoneplans.aspx?offercode=&phoneDesc=Nokia_6280&phoneCode=NO6280TDSL&tariffid=0

Brilliant, thanks Ben.

Ive just ordered mine from 3 direct.

Should be arriving Sat morning! :D

Trix
28th January 2006, 02:40 PM
:D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool:

Finally! It arrived this morning. Oh its gorgeous!

Im having to wait while it charges up though. Its like torture.

But how long should I leave it before turning it on, as I dont want to damage the battery life. The Nokia user guide doesn't say

Quote from Nokia's guide -

'If the battery is completely discharged, it may take a few minutes before the charging indicator appears on the displayor before any calls can be made.

The charging time depaends on the charger and the battery used. For example, charging a BP-6M battery with the AC-4 charger takes about ?? hour and ?? minutes while the phone is in standby mode.

Do you think they meant to put the '??'
Its got to be a typing error, right?

Ben
28th January 2006, 03:15 PM
loll oh dear.

Just charge the handset until the charging indicator suggests charging has finished (on Nokia's this is usually when the battery bar stops its charging animation). It'll probably only take a couple of hours, the battery normally has some charge in it when shipped.

Congratulations on the purchase, keep us up to date with how you get on wont you! I'm rather jealous, I quite fancy one of these now!

andy1927
2nd February 2006, 04:06 PM
Trix, since you've had a good week or so using the phone, care to share any thoughts about it?

Worth the wait? Bored of it yet? Or did it meet your expectations?

I'm still getting it, just deciding whether to get it on 3 or wait another three weeks for it to become available on my current network.

Ben
2nd February 2006, 04:16 PM
It's interesting that with just a handful out the gate there are already reports of software problems (https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2092). I'd be interested to know how yours is holding up, Trix.

andy1927
6th February 2006, 02:41 PM
I ordered mine from 3 yesterday, should be with me tomorrow. I'll be happy to let you know how I get on, Ben, as it seems Trix is having far too much fun with it to reply ;-)

Ben
6th February 2006, 05:04 PM
lol, thanks andy1927, looking forward to it! Fingers crossed all is well, from what I've heard it's a truly fantastic phone minus the bugs. Luckily I think new stock is here now, so that might resolve the earlier issues.

Trix
7th February 2006, 07:40 PM
Ok, so as you could see from my post dated 29th Jan in the 'First Look' thread, I was initially having problems with the phone occasionally not reading the memory card and generally being quite slow. I have not really posted much since, as I only had my tel no ported over at 5pm last nite

Everything was fine last nite, texted as many people as I could think of and no probs what so ever.

But today the phone crashed. I was just changing the profile from silent to general, and as I clicked 'activate' a red warning sign came up on the screen saying 'enter restrication code' or something similar to that.

Not knowing the code, I turned the phone off and then on again, which initially worked and got rid of the warning, but have have not been able to send text messages since.

Making calls is still fine, but when I send a message, it tells me the message has gone, but it hasnt, its actually just sitting in my outbox.

Ive called 3 customer services (in india :( ) and they advised me that I could still send it back within the 1st 14 days. I said I didnt really want to give up the handset and is they any way they can fix it. His reply to this was that it would be better if I could send it back, as they have been having some software difficulties with the phone, and they could replace it with an N70

This made me livid, because if I had of wanted an N70, I would of had one months ago, they are yesterdays news now.

3GScottishUser
7th February 2006, 08:14 PM
If 3 advise sending a handset back - Do it!!!

3 are desparate to retain customers and have papered over major issues many times (Watchdog have featured them twice in 2 years) and if they are admitting problems with this Nokia they wont be doing so lightly. I suspect they have advised their staff to encourage customers to return this device because of known serious issues that could be more damaging than ignoring things.

The advice has been provided, they know it does not work to an acceptable spec.... reatin it at your peril and remember if you have been advised to return and dont you cant really cry wolf later.

Trix
7th February 2006, 08:53 PM
Thanks 4 that. Think I definately will return it then.

Am stuck at home dying of flu at the mo (with a temp of 102!), but as soon as the dizzyness wears off, I'll try and venture in2 town and return it at the store.

Ive got till Saturday, so should be a bit better by then.

Ben
7th February 2006, 11:29 PM
Thanks for posting your experiences Trix, I'm really sorry to hear the handset hasn't worked out as you'd hoped. Indeed, it seems like almost everyone (that I personally know of) who had bought this handset on Three has since returned it. Looks like they jumped the gun. Big time.

3GScottishUser
8th February 2006, 08:00 AM
What a pity. This looked a real winner for 3 and I have to admit I like the look of it but in the short time it has been available it appears to have been the subject of some very negative feedback.

I have read quite a lot of comment re the 6280 now and I know Ben will not be exaggerating with his comments above, he's a big Nokia fam in spite of the Avitar!!!

Hands0n
9th February 2006, 04:27 PM
Get well soon Trix, thats all you need is a bout of Flu with 3's 14-day counter ticking away :(

I was quite saddened to read about the 6280's problems. 3 wrote to me while I've been off ill myself to say they were sorry I left and could they entice me back with a 6280!! I havent left, my 6680 on their contract is still working absolutely fine LOL :D :D :rolleyes:

I'm going to wait a while longer, see what happens with the 6280 and maybe wait out the N80 later in the year. At least I am out of contract and that leaves me with options to choose as and when I decide to. A brief moment where I have 3 at my mercy ha ha ... ho ho... hee hee ...:eek: