View Full Version : When will my base station be upgraded?

Ben
7th April 2005, 05:31 PM
Hi,

Question for anyone who's associated with Orange:

I think, afaik, I'm served by two base stations. One is GSM only and is closest to me, being KNT0429. The other is further away and gives me poor 3G signal, being KNT0270. Further still is another 3G one, KNT0144.

KNT0429 is surrounded by upgraded cells, basically, and if they'd just upgrade it I'm sure it'd improve my coverage. 3G coverage needs to be dense, we know this, so why haven't they filled in the gap by upgrading KNT0429? It just doesn't make sense to me! Can anyone find out if/when it's going to happen?

Feel free to PM me for my postcode.

Thanks in advance!
Ben

NOTE: I have no idea what cells are pointing where/which cells are intended to cover me, so I could be entirely wrong :P

Martin3G
7th April 2005, 08:04 PM
Hi Ben

I know roughy where you are, Whitstable, Kent, but PM you're exact post code and I'll try and find out if there are any upgrades imminent :)

Ben
7th April 2005, 08:24 PM
Cheers Martin3G, have PM'd you.

Martin3G
9th April 2005, 08:46 PM
Ben

Your right about the KNT0270 and KNT0144 being your nearest 3G sites and I can tell you that KNT0429 is awaiting it's upgrade. I'll keep you posted if there is any movement on that. I can also see from your postcode that you should benefit from a new site that is being progressed ;) I'll let you know when that's nearing it's completion too. All in all, I would say say that your area will be very well covered for 3G signal when these are in :D

Ben
9th April 2005, 08:48 PM
That's fantastic news! Thanks Martin3G!

*does a little dance*

My 6680 will be very happy! (if it ever comes... damn you CityLink!)

solo12002
10th April 2005, 10:49 AM
lol you can buy a nokia 6680? mm must be making loads of money - Forum takes note

Ben
10th April 2005, 02:55 PM
LoL :p I earn enough in my 'actual job' to feed the basic requirement of my mobile obsession... trust me, I could spend a helluva lot more!

and anyway... who needs food?

miffed
10th April 2005, 04:44 PM
That's fantastic news! Thanks Martin3G!

*does a little dance*

My 6680 will be very happy! (if it ever comes... damn you CityLink!)

Wonder which will happen first ... the cell upgrade or your 6680 arriving ?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused: :D

solo12002
10th April 2005, 09:34 PM
could spend a helluva lot more!

Is this Bens offer to buy us all a new Mobile ? :D Some how I dont think so, and he kick me ass for this one lol

Martin3G
11th April 2005, 11:14 PM
My 6680 will be very happy! (if it ever comes... damn you CityLink!)So we can be expecting a review then ;)

Ben
11th April 2005, 11:22 PM
miffed - I'm not even going to say, I think I've cursed the delivery of my 6680 enough already! I've got my fingers crossed that the signal upgrades will come sooner rather than later though, but of course there's no real way of knowing.

solo12002 - lmao, consider your ass kicked! :p I meant it more in the way of "I could spend a helluva lot more if I could afford to" rather than "I've got oodles of money to spend, have a free phone"! But I can't blame you for trying! ;)

Martin3G - you bet your ass! I'll get something up as soon as it arrives and then do a more detailed review after a few days of usage. Can't wait!

solo12002
11th April 2005, 11:33 PM
Ben

Being one of many jokers on here, Im confused while trying to stay PC!

Would you like to explain this one to the boys lol??

"you bet your ass! I'll get something up as soon as it arrives"" :confused:

Now I am for it lol

Ben
11th April 2005, 11:37 PM
Lmao! Oh dear... I guess I kinda set myself up for that one. Note to self - read through posts before clicking submit :D