View Full Version : nokia 6680 problem :S

delboy2028
25th October 2005, 09:29 PM
i just got a nokia 6680 from a friend it came with no simcard just charger handset and mem card...

now i put a 3 sim card i found liying around in it (about 4 - 6 months of not beeing used) as the phone is on free now i can access the wap service on the phone but of course no credit to use it fully

but i seem to be unable to get a signal for making an calls or texts if i try to ring 333 off my phone to top it up i just get no network coverage

now i apologise if i am in the wrong section but i did not know if it was the handset or the sim maybe somone could point me in the correct direction

i am on three pay

pay as you go :)

thank you

3g-g
25th October 2005, 11:59 PM
hiya delboy2028,

Welcome to Talk3G! :)

There's a few things you're going to need to try.

1st: Is the 6680 you have originally from Three? i.e. Was it previously used on the Three network? If it wasn't, there's the possibility that the handset isn't unlocked, however I would of expected some sort of SIM lock warning if that was the case.

2nd: Can you try your SIM in a official Three working handset to ensure that it's working OK? This was you can rule a SIM problem out.

3rd: Is the phone in offline mode? On the top left of the display is your signal strength indicator. Does it have a cross (X) through it? If so, you're offline. To change this, press the on/off button on the right hand side of the handset once, a list of profiles will appear on screen, choose any other apart from offline. If the SIM and handset are working the operator logo should come up on screen and it should be up and running.

Let us know how you get on.

G.

delboy2028
26th October 2005, 02:33 PM
hey and thank you for the reply
the handset is a 3 handset i know this because wen i do a hard reset it auto uses the 3 theme for the menu and picture plus i can not put and other sim card in it other that 3

i just went out today and brought an lg8120 with a 3 sim card that has ~£30 credit on

the sim card works fine in the lg phone changed it over to my nokia and still no signal strength it is not in offline mode the sim card works fine in another phone as i just activated the new sim from my lg phone so i have now go no idea what is wrong with the phone

any more help would be great

thank you

Hands0n
26th October 2005, 03:04 PM
It could be IMEI barred? Just a thought. Although I would have expected the handset to give you a message to that effect!

delboy2028
26th October 2005, 04:33 PM
well i rang 3 and it is barraed reported stolen so am not happy its beeing returned to who i brought it off DAMN

now i gotta get another one

Ben
26th October 2005, 04:45 PM
Hey, welcome to Talk3G.

That's an awful shame :( I hope you get your money back alright!

whatleydude
26th October 2005, 04:53 PM
well i rang 3 and it is barraed reported stolen so am not happy

Dude - that SUCKS.

Sorry to hear it.
Good luck getting your money back.
Kick some @ss!