View Full Version : New 6680 Fascia Cover

gorilla
26th October 2005, 02:25 PM
Hi guys, I know some people on here have already replaced their fascia's, I was just wondering if there is any point? I mean, there is nothing wrong with my current one, but I'm tempted to get another just to change the colour. Are the ones on ebay any good?

Cheers

Hands0n
26th October 2005, 03:07 PM
My experience of the Hong Kong or (other Chinese) supplied replacement fascias is that their cloning quality is of the highest order! Some even come with the necessary tools to do the work (a T6 torx driver and a plastic lever to avoid damaging the fascia in removal/replacement). I've not done a 6680 but did recently re-furb a SE T610 and it looked as good as brand new, and that is no understatement.

The point of these replacement fascias? Its always worth having either the original or a good replacement if thinking of selling the handset on as even after a few weeks of use the plastic of the handset can begin to look a bit tired.

whatleydude
26th October 2005, 03:13 PM
Plus - if you ever have to exchange it - some shops won't accept it without its original cover..

gorilla
27th October 2005, 01:07 PM
Cheers whatleydue, I think I'll order me a new cover.

whatleydude
27th October 2005, 01:24 PM
Yeah - do man.

Ebay are dirt cheap and you can get some great ones..
My Wife is mad about the colour pink so I got her a 'bling pink' 6680 cover and i've never seen anyone covet something so much!

lol

gorilla
1st November 2005, 11:43 AM
Well I have just received my new cover. I'm impressed on two counts. Firstly the ebay guy I bought it from sent an email confirming dispatch on Friday (he was Hong Kong based) and it arrived today and secondly the quality is actually good. It was easy to replace the cover (if not a tad fiddly). It was very well packaged and even had plastic over both camera lenses which I'm sure my original did not. I don't think you can tell that it's not a genuine nokia cover. Well pleased now.