View Full Version : v975 steel faceplate rusting ????

joffa81
27th October 2005, 10:11 PM
i have had my v975 since april and just noticed that the steel faceplate has started to rust it looks like a transparent orange haze on the faceplate.
i would like to know has anyone else experienced this and what if anythin i can do about it ????

thanks

joff

Ben
27th October 2005, 10:33 PM
No way!?

That just sounds laughable! Is it significant enough for you to snap us a picture?

I'd certainly imagine it warrants a warranty replacement...

joffa81
27th October 2005, 11:51 PM
here is a pic i took if u look u can see the orange rusty haze oin the faceplate

Hands0n
28th October 2005, 07:12 AM
Thats definitely one for a warranty replacement. You may get challenged about under what conditions you carry your mobile phone. I had a Nokia 8810 (silver slider of years back) die on me when carried in a bum bag on a motorcycle one rainy day. It didn't get soaked, but the damp was enough to render it "water damaged" according to Nokia.

Never seen anything quite like this before!

joffa81
28th October 2005, 11:30 AM
it is actually pretty Weird because it is under the gloss finish that is put on to tthe faceplate to stop this from happening.
also the only place i have my phone is in my pocket when i go out other than that it sits on the sidr of my pc desk next to my monitor also my wife got the same phone at the same time and hers is ok.

Hands0n
28th October 2005, 11:19 PM
That would rather suggest that the moisture got in before the sealing coat was applied. A definite QA problem for the factory in such a case.