View Full Version : Browser Settings

Dom3G
28th October 2005, 06:03 AM
Hi, I have a nokia N90 and N70 and have been trying to configure them to access wap on 3. Can anyone post the settingsthey use on a Nokia 6680 or 6630?

Any other help would be great too!

whatleydude
28th October 2005, 06:47 AM
Goto Nokia.com and download the Nokia Settings Wizard.

Sorted.

Dom3G
28th October 2005, 09:41 AM
I had tried that as both phones already have the program installed. I can only get to a page that allows me to download the 3 logo for some reason.

Any suggestions...?

Ben
28th October 2005, 09:47 AM
Hey,

You need to have the correct homepage for each handset.

Not sure what they'd be... maybe:
http://mobile.three.co.uk/hb/n70/HutchKey
http://mobile.three.co.uk/hb/n90/HutchKey

6680 would be "n6680".

They don't have a dedicated page for my Z1010 anymore, and they've blocked it from using the LG one, so I just get the 3 logo also :( Sucky huh!

Dom3G
29th October 2005, 08:48 AM
Thanks Ben. I had already tried the N70 version of the home page. I had missed the 'n' out of the 'n6680' but it made no difference when I amended the url. Still no access.....!

Ben
29th October 2005, 11:14 AM
It's a shame that 3 have decided to be 'this way' with their portal. I don't use my 3pay anymore as I have no way of accessing My3 - which I used to use to top up!

Dom3G
29th October 2005, 12:29 PM
Ok I have now managed to get the browser working with the N70. No idea whats changed maybe the release date for the N70 on three is getting very close.

The speed and quality is amazing. I dont use 3, as im on Orange but have been looking to change or maybe get a second contract because to be honest Ive been having a few problems with Orange lately plus I find their offering little boring, a year on down the line.

(Sorry gone on a bit of tangent) So anyway the plan was to try out 3's service with my old 3pay usim and I have to say I am impressed - Barring the earlier poblems.

Hands0n
30th October 2005, 01:35 AM
3's 3G network speed is very good when it works well, like all things. You will be getting in the order of 384Kbps at best, something approaching ADSL broadband speeds.

Lots & lots of good things about 3; Caveats being

Limited number of International roaming partners
Some very poor 3G coverage in marginal areas (check carefully your area of life/work)
Walled Garden - partially down with Mobile Web
Walled Garden - fully down with £45pm Wireless Web (using laptop via phone-modem)
Customer Service operation that really suck - no problem if you have no problems

But apart from the above, they're really getting on quite well.