View Full Version : 85% 3G coverage for Orange

Ben
31st October 2005, 10:36 AM
http://www2.orange.co.uk/servlet/Satellite?pagename=OUKPersonal&c=OUKService&cid=1096023564458&t=Service

Orange has the largest integrated 2.5/3G network in the UK. This means that our 3G network covers 85% of the population, so if you happen to go out of our 3G range, you’ll be seamlessy transferred to our 2.5G network

Can't be far of Three's, and apparently they've over the 80% magic marker now - does this mean they'll be taking their feet off the ball for a bit?

Jon3G
31st October 2005, 11:10 AM
Wow thats really impressive. Orange have really pulled out all the stops to get their in under 12 months

jonnyguitar
31st October 2005, 11:21 AM
http://www2.orange.co.uk/servlet/Satellite?pagename=OUKPersonal&c=OUKService&cid=1096023564458&t=Service

Can't be far of Three's, and apparently they've over the 80% magic marker now - does this mean they'll be taking their feet off the ball for a bit?

I am on Orange with a 6680, and although the 3G signal isn't bad here in Southampton, it's a waste of time. Around half of the text messages I should receive don't arrive. When I called Orange they blamed their unreliable 3G network and showed me how to force my phone to pick up the 2G network ONLY. Whereby, all my "lost" texts promptly arrived!

What's the point in this vast "coverage" if the network is so unreliable it's a waste of time anyway?!!

Ben
31st October 2005, 11:24 AM
Oh there have been issues alright, plenty of them on Orange. However, all 3G issues have since evaporated around where I live - but then I did complain rather actively and report every single fault when it happened. Still, if I hadn't have reported them all then Orange would never have known.

getti
31st October 2005, 11:28 AM
I used to pick up 1 or 2 bard 3G were I live soe a little while before the phone went back to 2G, but for 2 weeks now not a sniff of 3G anywhere around me.

Vodafone were no where near me 3 months ago and now they are just up the road. I will get coverage within a few weeks so im off to the red team.