View Full Version : N70. Arriveathon!

Ginz
1st November 2005, 08:06 PM
Right, my N70 arrived today on Voda and I also managed to snag myself a last minute bargain it seems with the tariff I went for. Anytime 125 with 50 video minutes, unlimited football downloads and the whole caboodle. They've withdrawn this tariff as of today and nothing has directly replaced it. Extremely pleased as I only ordered it on Saturday.

I was with Orange for 5 years and today is a sorry yet exciting day. My N70 on Voda arrived today and it just screams quality. All the included Voda stuff and the branding is minimal. Very impressed initially with Voda. Can't wait to use all the new video stuff. The handset quality is excellent.

Hands0n
1st November 2005, 09:09 PM
Nice one Ginz. The N70 has caused quite a stir in the camp, everyone is very excited and pleased with it. Nokia have done a creditworthy design in this handset. There is not enough in the N70 to attract me to change from my existing Nokia 6680 but ....... come January when my 3 contract runs out, if they are offering the N70 as an upgrade then I will no doubt avail myself of one (it would be rude not do :) ).

Ben
1st November 2005, 10:52 PM
Superb! Looks fantastic, Ginz, great choice. Thanks for the pictures, I love the 'just out the box brand-new' look!

Getting the handset on top of Voda's TV offering launching is just icing on the cake - snagging a great tariff just before being discontinued is most certainly the candles. Hopefully, however, you'll find the robust Vodafone network to be the rather delicious sponge :p Lets just hope all this happy Vodafone talk of late doesn't jinx things.

Ginz
2nd November 2005, 12:20 AM
Even the smell is that brand new smell!

I was completely unaware of the TV offering before I actually went for the phone so that is a very nice welcome gift!

I've certainly got myself through one way or another an excellent deal which actually can't now be had. Add to the fact that the handset price has actually gone up, I'm stunned. It would appear that demand is higher than expected due to the price increase and this is surely the main handset to look at with regards to the new TV offerings.

whatleydude
2nd November 2005, 09:46 AM
Weird man - you've got a Vodafone branded one.
(with the 'vodafone' carved in just under the screen)
Mine arrived in the same box as yours with a picture of your version on it etc but when I took it out there was no exterior branding to be seen!

:)

Is there any branding on the back of the handset?

Ginz
2nd November 2005, 12:50 PM
Yeah above the camera there is a small Voda logo thing. I'm trying not to let the branding bother me now you've said that!

Yours must be a generic handset that Voda have put on to the network.

whatleydude
2nd November 2005, 01:00 PM
I dont think the branding on your N70 is that bad at all mate.
It seems quite subtle..

I thought that maybe because I got mine so quickly that is one of the first out the door y'know? Maybe they didn't get a chance to brand it!
I dunno.. *shrug*

Anyone else?
Is your N70 branded or not?

Ginz
2nd November 2005, 01:04 PM
I know there's a load of generic N70's going about with Orange because they haven't got the units so that was probably the case with Voda too initially. It's been out over a month I think on Voda so now is the time they've got the branded handsets. I guess that was a good thing for you getting so quick?

whatleydude
2nd November 2005, 02:44 PM
Hell yeah..
Non-Branded N70 - tres cool.

It'll make selling it a lot easier when the time comes.
:)