View Full Version : 3 Additions To N-Series!!!

getti
2nd November 2005, 04:04 PM
Nokia have added some new phones to the N-Series.

For specs, info and pictures click here (http://www.todayon3g.co.uk/news/newnseries.htm)

whatleydude
2nd November 2005, 05:01 PM
Wicked - Good find man

Ginz
2nd November 2005, 07:12 PM
Pretty gutted that my 1 day old N70 is already outdated but then I'm guessing that the N80 isn't exactly going to be out tomorrow so I might look at doing a getti and get it Sim Free when it's released. Any guess on release date?

500 euros for the N80 = Approx £300.

KingMatt2511
2nd November 2005, 07:22 PM
Those look awesome. Also would be hefty prices! But nice update Dan!

Ben
2nd November 2005, 07:49 PM
http://www.nokia.com/nseries/index.html?lang=en&country=R1

Looking pretty cool! The N80 looks pretty special... though I'm a bit concerned with how thick it looks. As for the N92, I'm not so sure why that's an NSeries exactly, but it's a much better DVB option than the Nokia currently being used on trials. Looks like a really nice launch handset for O2 when they go live with it!

Ginz
2nd November 2005, 09:00 PM
N80 looks the pick of the crop without a doubt. By the time my contract is up these beauties will be out knowing Nokia and delays :D

Hands0n
2nd November 2005, 11:10 PM
Interestingly the N80 seems to be a S60 version of the S40 6280 (dare I suggest) using the slider paradigm. Albeit with a fair bit more capability? The "80" in the name appears not to be any coincidence ............. or is it :)

For sure these are a nice clutch of phones. I'm intrigued at the N92 and what niche that is aiming at. Are we all really expected to be watching DVB TV on our mobile phones? 3GSU raises the issue of battery life in another T3G thread, and for sure this type of phone (can we still call them this anymore?) will exacerbate the problem of functional battery life for the user.

That aside, Nokia are really on a big roll at the moment. Their handsets are tantalisingly desireable. For sure, they are not small .... not much from Nokia seems to be at the moment. So will the 2G/GSM punters be drawn to this new breed of 3G handset which will still give them cause to note the sheer size of these?

I can't wait :) To echo those famous words by a certain little Britain "I want that one!"

Ben
3rd November 2005, 09:31 AM
The N80 actually reminds me a lot of the 7650... which, I believe, may have been Nokia's first slider phone and perhaps even first camera phone and is several years old now. Back then they wasted the design and the lead, a mistake that Samsung recently seized with the D500.

A three megapixel camera and some advanced camera functionality really make it an exciting prospect. With WiFi and that high-resolution screen thrown in this just looks too good to miss.

I've included some more pictures below... y'know, size wise, we might be on to something here... bar the thickness. Some stats:
95 x 50 x 23 mm
133 g
Up to 40 MB internal dynamic memory
GSM 850/900/1800/1900 or WCDMA
miniSD
Music Player:
Yes
RealOne Player:
Yes
FM Radio:
Yes

Ben
3rd November 2005, 09:33 AM
Oh... and to give a better sense of size... *gasp*

Yssybyl
3rd November 2005, 09:53 AM
This has been a fun one to keep quiet especially after the "n80: rumour" thread :)

The n80 is pretty nifty - yes it is thick, but the screen is just phenomenal. Personally I'm not a big fan of slider phones as I have rather long nails and can never hit the keys properly. But yes, the camera is better and it has a few extra connectivity features as I'm sure all the launch reviews will have said. I think at the end of the day it comes down to the shape/type of phone you are most comfortable with.

I wouldn't worry about the n70 being out of date just yet though - remember that this has only just hit the shops but was launched at the end of April

Hands0n
3rd November 2005, 09:53 AM
*gleep* :eek: that N80 is small ....... cor! Now that [timing] may all just work out right for me then ...... Orange gets replaced with a Vodafone 6280 [when it comes out] and in New Year the 3 6680 gets moved over for the N80 "Is that a phone in yer pocket or ....?" :D

You have to wonder what the competition is going to make of all of this. Nokia leading (again) while the others follow?

Back to battery life ........... FM Radio? MP3 Player? Realplayer? .... the future does not look bright .... in fact it looks a rather dull switched-off-LCD grey colour .... unless someone comes up with (a) higher capacity batteries or (b) a harness kit and 12v lead acid shoulder pack or (c) portable wind farm kit (just to be topically green).

Ginz
3rd November 2005, 11:05 AM
I love that picture of the N80 ben with the credit card. My god it looks good in black and the screen looks incredible. Even though I've just got an N70 and loving it I can confidently say that I'm going to have to get one of then when they are sim free. Estimated release date? Summer 06?

whatleydude
3rd November 2005, 11:08 AM
Estimated release date? Summer 06?

Which will be around about my next upgrade time.. 10/08/06 !

BRILLIANT!

:D

Ginz
3rd November 2005, 11:10 AM
I can justify it to myself if its 6 months or more away :)

Yssybyl
3rd November 2005, 11:14 AM
Just read something internal... might be looking at jan/feb 06 for the n80... but take that with a slight pinch of salt based on the usual delays.

But you didn't hear that from me ;)

Ginz
3rd November 2005, 05:21 PM
Well, look at the N70 as an example. Taken a good few months to go from launch to in stores. I'd still put money on it being launched when you say Jan/Feb and it being commercially available by June.

3GScottishUser
3rd November 2005, 06:24 PM
I like the look of the Tellyphone.

That could cause a stir in 2006.