View Full Version : On it's way!

Ben
8th April 2005, 10:39 AM
I've just bought one :D

SIM-Free and £400, but I couldn't wait any longer. I've also arranged for Saturday delivery, so I'll (hopefully) be posting lots of messages about it tomorrow.

I've never heard of the website before, so I'm not going to disclose their details until I actually get the phone and check it all works fine. I ordered over the phone so I could actually speak to a real person. They only received stock today, and it's a European import, but comes with UK charger etc. Should be fine...

Great news is, I can probably try Vodafone 3G out now too! Gotta love SIM-Free!

Beats taking out another new contract, eh?

miffed
8th April 2005, 10:51 AM
Nice one !

do you have a voda sim already ?

Ben
8th April 2005, 10:54 AM
I'm on Vodafone contract (6230) so I figure I can just get the service provisioned? I think that's all people were having to do for Voda... I'll call them and find out I think.

Meh, you know what CityLink are like around here though - pray!

miffed
8th April 2005, 10:57 AM
Not sure about contracts , but I just put my wifes PAYG sim into my a1000 and got 3G straight away - no calls, nothing !

Ben
8th April 2005, 11:05 AM
All done :D Apparently not all contracts can have 3G services provisioned, but my SIM card is relatively new and 3G-capable and the system allowed her to provision my video calling without any problems.

Fingers crossed, touch wood etc etc - hopefully tomorrow I'll have the handset and be able to try things like the Orange Music Player and Fireplayer as well as the various services on Vodafone Live! with 3G. I have a feeling you're all going to be hearing a lot from me this weekend.... :o

@NickyColman
8th April 2005, 12:05 PM
Just to make the wait for the release more unbearable, heres a link where you can see some lovely pictures of the Nokia 6680 hehe :D

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_6680-review-28.php

Enjoy! :D

Ben
8th April 2005, 12:58 PM
LoL - that was the very review I've been drooling over all morning :D Great link.

Today is going to go very, very slowly!

I'm also pleased that I'll be keeping my Z1010. It's something of a mythical phone and I'd have been sad to see it go. Of course, if Vodafone 3G turns out to be amazing I may well end up being stuck with the Z1010 on Orange for some time yet... Ah well, since my access to Orange World and Video Streaming (Thanks Martin3G!) started working again I don't mind so much.

Jon3G
8th April 2005, 02:09 PM
my work mate as got a normal sim and it worked fine in my 3G phone with all the features after giving them a call

Ben
9th April 2005, 12:58 PM
Well, Saturday delivery didn't materialise - so the so far unnamed company isn't getting very good marks from me!

NOTE: Never, ever, allow your packages to be delivered by Initial City Link.

Ben
12th April 2005, 10:41 AM
It's here!

First impression: WOW

Jon3G
12th April 2005, 10:51 AM
Get a review done Ben, and some pictures

Cant wait......................mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mattyboy7110
15th April 2005, 12:37 PM
So where did you get it from?
Thanks

Ben
15th April 2005, 12:46 PM
Hi mattyboy7110,

I've posted about the retailer here: https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=204

Let us know if you take the plunge!

mattyboy7110
15th April 2005, 12:52 PM
Already did - Expansys had 6, I got 1 of them.
Now you have to wait until the end of the month for one from them!