View Full Version : port number to and from orange

purplesweetie
3rd November 2005, 11:01 PM
I have just finished a contract with orange.
they wont do me the deal that I want, but I can get the deal with orange through a retailer on the net.
Do you think I could port my orange no ( Ive got my PAC code from them) to a free PAYG O2 sim and then port it straight back on to a new orange contract?
Or am I just being a wee bit cheeky.

Ben
3rd November 2005, 11:03 PM
AFAIK it's widely done :) It's the best way that 'existing customers' can take advantage of 'new customer' offers.

Should be fine!

purplesweetie
3rd November 2005, 11:05 PM
how long must I leave in between leaving orange and going back with the same number?

3g-g
4th November 2005, 12:05 AM
I don't think there's a specific time to wait, if your number has been ported over to O2 and is working ok, i.e. routing your calls and SMS then I can't see a reason as to why you can't begin the process of moving it back to Orange again. :)

purplesweetie
4th November 2005, 06:36 PM
After all my questions and looking at other discussions on this forum, I have decided to get my new and superb Nokia N70 on O2.
I didnt want all the orange stuff on it and I got a teriffic deal.
Free phone, 200 mins, 100 texts and 12 month deal. All of this for £30 a month.
The best I would have got on orange is free phone and 200 mins for £30, no texts.
Heres hoping that O2 are good.

Hands0n
4th November 2005, 07:58 PM
@purplesweetie - Glad that you found the forum useful in making your decision and that is quite a good deal with O2, and of course if as fits your needs even better still :cool:

"Heres hoping that O2 are good" ...... You should find that you have an initial period within which you can cancel your contract and return everything back to O2. It should be 14 days - you will have some liability for pro rated line rental and calls made. It should be in your info supplied with the phone. If any doubt get rid of it rather than suffer the full 12 months (same advice for any network).

I must be the only one on T3G that doesn't have an N70 by now :rolleyes: Ho hum, the boring old 6680 will have to do :D

Ben
4th November 2005, 10:55 PM
I must be the only one on T3G that doesn't have an N70 by now :rolleyes: Ho hum, the boring old 6680 will have to do :D
Not the only one dear boy, those of us with fingers larger than cocktail sticks have stuck with the trusty (and rather uber) 6680 for now ;)

Good call on trying O2 purplesweetie, all the best - please do keep us informed of your progress.