View Full Version : MMS Provisioning

3GScottishUser
6th November 2005, 11:18 PM
It appears you have to have your handset provisoned by Vodafone to be able to send MMS messages. I dont bother much with this facility but tried to send a snap tonight and got a nasty 'handset not provisioned' message.

Straight onto 191 and call answered by a very knowledgeable UK CSA within seconds. He explained the procedure that he has to set up that facility and I will receive a confirmation text. He went on to ask about my customer experience and other facilities like Vodafone Live and 3G. None of your quick answer and move on stuff.... they really do want to know what customers think and they enquire in a friendly and constructive manner.

Handset now provisoned, full marks to Vodafone but I have to wonder why one has to go through that procedure in the first place, should'nt MMS just work straight out of the box?

Hands0n
7th November 2005, 12:11 AM
I've never understood that either and it was a similar experience with Orange when I first went with them. Voice and SMS no problemo. MMS, not until asked for. It has to be nothing more than a workflow issue, but I cant see why it cant be set by default.

With 3 everything worked straight out of the box. Thankfully there was no need to speak with Mumbai CS to get anything turned on (or off). It was all there.

Ben
7th November 2005, 12:39 AM
MMS worked on my Vodafone 6230 straight out of the box... why it'd be set up on some accounts and not others is a bit of a mystery! I had to get 3G provisioned, but again no problems in doing so.

MORPH
7th November 2005, 09:19 AM
It's not so much the handset that has to be provisioned, it's the simcard and account. As per my experience, I had an older handset that didn't support MMS's, but when I got an MMS capable phone I had to ring CS and ask them to enable MMS on my sim/account, because as far as they were concerned I still had a none MMS phone. As for phones straight out of the box, I can only guess that sims and phones are shipped separately, and they are using old stockpiles of sims?