View Full Version : Did you succesfully cancel your 3 contract after receving their letter?

delinquentwoody
7th November 2005, 05:20 PM
Judging from the response on this forum, quite a few people have decided to write to 3 to cancel their contracts following their notification of price increases, which is allowed under section 10.1d of their contract.

Just thought I'd post a poll so we could get a very rough measure of how many have actually done this, and of these, how many have been successful!

So, users on 3 contracts, please vote above to say how your experience went!

Degudodger
7th November 2005, 09:42 PM
Evening all,

Well after a 2 hour telephone conversation with 5 people in various "3" call centres, i sucsefully managed to terminate my contract with effect 05/12/05. I'm going to purchase a "3" PAYG simcard a put my 6680 on ebay.

I've ordered a N70 on Vodafone and my number is due to be ported on the 14/11/05, thats of course if all goes well. :rolleyes:

I was a tad suprised that i was able to terminate my contract over the phone, it was maybe too easy that's why i recorded the coversation. :D

Ben
7th November 2005, 10:56 PM
Ah, well done! Any tips/advice/buzzwords for anyone else hoping to do the same?

3GScottishUser
7th November 2005, 11:13 PM
In relation to the above read this thread: https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1796

Hands0n
8th November 2005, 08:51 PM
Nope! I'm keeping my 3 contract seeing as it all works so well for me at the moment, and has done since Jan 18 2005 (being very careful not to count any chickens just yet, espesh now that bird flu is about!).

3GScottishUser
8th November 2005, 09:14 PM
Past that point you might have the same T + C's but before Summer 2006 I expect you will be a customer of another company. HWL are reigning back in the UK and look set to do a 'trade deal'.

Hands0n
8th November 2005, 09:32 PM
Thats a bridge to cross when we get to it though. If the Ts&Cs change then I will have a complete get-out-of-jail card in my hand. Acquisitons have happened to all of the mobile operators to date so this one need not be any the worse. It may, if it happens at all, turn out to be one of those really good things that happen occasionally.

Similarly - I have had my mortgage bought up by several companies in its lifetime. Ditto my electricity, gas and water supply. It is just a symptom of 21st century business practise. Throughout the sale of UK Plc we can expect to see very many more such mergers, demergers, acquisitions and liquidations.

If it happens to 3 I shall not weep any crocodile tears for the incumbent management who wouldn't know a Customer if one walked in the front door and have been a complete bunch of flossers throughout.