View Full Version : The FM Radio on the N70

Shizant
7th November 2005, 11:04 PM
I was intrested in purchasing the N70 but I wanted I had a few questions and wanted to see if anyone here knows the answers. I currently use a SonyEricsson K750i. One big feature that I'm looking for in the N70 if i chose to go with it is the ability to use the Motorola HT-820 Bluetooth Headphones. Has anyone used this with the N70 or other Nokia phones? Also does the FM radio require that the Nokia Headphones/Headset is plugged in? In the case of the K750i you must have the Headphones plugged in, in order to listen to the radio.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks...

Ginz
8th November 2005, 12:27 AM
I've been listening to the radio to and back from Uni today and it's truly excellent. The reception is top notch. However, the earphones while wearable fall out my ears and the cord is a bit funny. It's more like string or something with a rough texture. I don't think you can use other headphones though which is a bit of a bugger.

whatleydude
8th November 2005, 09:06 AM
Yeah man - those earphones are like the biggest in the world!

I think the Radio can work without earphones plugged in..
I wouldnt know for certain..

MORPH
8th November 2005, 09:25 AM
With most Nokias with a radio, you need to use the earphones. However, once the radio is activated, you can switch the loud speaker on and remove the earphones and listen to the radio on the loud speaker.

Yssybyl
8th November 2005, 09:42 AM
There are also adaptors so you can use other headphones - can't remember who sells them though - it was in one of the other posts.

I really hate the white "mug me" headphones that came as standard with the n70

You need the headphones plugged in to keep the radio working on the N70 although you can play through the loudspeaker instead of the headphones.

whatleydude
8th November 2005, 10:07 AM
Yssybyl - are there any major differences between the standard earphones and the 'mug me' ones.. or is just the colour?

Yssybyl
8th November 2005, 10:27 AM
As far as I know it's just the colour/design. I don't deal directly with accessories [ahem "enhancements" as I'm supposed to call 'em]. Any wired headphones should be able to act as the arial for the radio as long as you can attach them to the phone.

Ben
8th November 2005, 10:37 AM
I take it the radio can't be used with Bluetooth headphones, then? Wire-free is the way-to-go!

LeMotor
8th November 2005, 02:12 PM
...you need to have the "mug me" N70 headphones plugged in, although because the cord is used as the FM antenna...

Ginz
8th November 2005, 08:15 PM
Aye am listening to it right now through the loudspeaker but the headphones have to be plugged in. If a company can make an adaptor that fits in to the bottom of the phone and with an antenna of some sorts then it would work.

However, I can't see how it would work with normal headphones plugged in. What adaptor do you need Yssybyl?

Yssybyl
9th November 2005, 10:13 AM
There is an adaptor that gives you a standard headphone jack that you can plug into the bottom of the phone. Someone [whatelydude?] mentioned it in another thread. I can't stand in-ear headphones so I need to grab one of these before I can listen to the radio in peace!

Ginz
9th November 2005, 06:45 PM
I need one too. The headphones that come with the phone are ok but just keep coming out. Need the adaptor.

LeMotor
9th November 2005, 09:26 PM
...you can buy this adapter from www.mobilefun.co.uk...I ordered mine and will arrive tomorrow...:)

Ginz
9th November 2005, 09:43 PM
which one did you order there's a few. Any difference?

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/6693.htm

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/7120.htm

I ordered the £7.95 and it totalled £10.45

whatleydude
10th November 2005, 09:44 AM
The £7.95 one is the one I've got.
I got mine form Mobile Fun too - its quite good.

I dont use it for my own earphones though - I've got the adaptor attached to my stereo system in my front room.. its great.

I no longer have to burn CDs of my favourite tracks..
I just download the music I want to listen to onto my phone - then plug my phone into my stereo and voila: Instant home stereo MP3 player!
:)

PLUS - When the phone rings - I can hear it wherever I am in the house!
No more missed calls..
lol

Ben
10th November 2005, 10:02 AM
PLUS - When the phone rings - I can hear it wherever I am in the house!
Turn the base up and you'd have one helluva vibrate feature!

Tempted to get an adapter myself :\ Especially now I'm using Vodafone's music downloads instead of Orange's, meaning the quality is actually bareable.