View Full Version : your opinions on the e1000

joffa81
9th November 2005, 06:02 PM
i am after buying this phone to replace my half dead v975 i was just wandering how gud it is and what u all think of the e1000 ?????

Hands0n
9th November 2005, 09:53 PM
The E1000 is a bit old hat now (!!!) having been around for the best part of a year. But that is probably the only negative thing that I can say about the handset. It is one of Motorola's best ever! And it is very well suited to 3's network, handling all but the worst of conditions (the latter of which I'd challenge any handset to function under). For me, the E1000 has never missed a beat during the time I used it extensively.

The picture and audio on the E1000 take some beating - almost Hi Fi quality sound, and the spatial effect is extraordinary with some music videos and audio files.

Everything it says on the tin that it does, it does! Bluetooth is flawless. The OS is fast and easy to navigate around. It is Motorola, which some don't get along with at all. But for me, the E1000 turned me around regarding Motorola handsets. I'm not saying they're all great, and Motorola have a habit of turning out some right duds. But the E1000 cannot be ranked as one of those. It is, in short, a top notch 3G capable handset that is just as happy with 2G/2.5G (if unlocked/debranded).

You should not have to pay very much for a good E1000 these days.

a_ukboy
10th November 2005, 09:37 AM
You can purchase a re-conditioned E1000 from most Superdrug/3point stores for £109.99 including a £30 top up card, quite a bargain... not sure how much they're on Ebay but with the Superdrug ones you have a 60 days money back gaurentee!!