View Full Version : Nokia N80 Live Pictures

jimbob1989
9th November 2005, 10:22 PM
Here are some pics i've gathered on the latest N-Series model:

They have been taken from a review published by Phonescoop.
Take a look.

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/nmc_2005/index.php?p=80

Here's another link you can see details and pics on:

http://www.mobilegazette.com/nokia-n80-051102.htm

Hands0n
10th November 2005, 01:36 PM
Well, thats it then ............ "I want that one" :)

Thanks for the link Jimbob1989 - here's me waiting for the 6280 to come out and now I may just have to wait even longer ......... Don'tcha just love this chasing the rainbow end stuff :D

Edit: Just read the entire article .... this may be one to buy SIM-free when its released, but only after its been out for a month or two to avoid the Getti experience of seeing the price drop by £100 in a week :eek:

Ben
10th November 2005, 02:37 PM
I definitely want to get me one of those! The move to MiniSD is a tad annoying after forcing everyone to use MMC, but oh well. At least this way memory will be more readily available and in larger sizes. It'll be a SIM-Free job, I'd certainly not want operator 'improvements' :D

6280 looks great in those pictures as well though.

whatleydude
10th November 2005, 02:57 PM
That whole mini-sd card thing has put me off purchasing a 1gb dv rs-mmc now..
:(
Bloody Nokia.
Make your minds up damn you!

But yeah - good article that - I read the whole thing too.. The screen on that TV phone - HOW MANY COLOURS?!

Mental..

Trix
18th November 2005, 06:42 PM
It'll be a SIM-Free job, I'd certainly not want operator 'improvements' :D

What do you mean by operator improvements? What sort of things do they do?

:confused:

Hands0n
18th November 2005, 08:07 PM
Ben meant "operator improvements (sic)". Typicaly when the operators "improve" their handsets by branding they cripple certain functions such as not allowing you to use MP3s for ringtones unless you download them from their portal for an extortionate charge. Thats one of the many whizzy improvements that the ops like to make to their handsets. And we should consider ourselves damn lucky and be appreciative that they do!

HTH :D

Ginz
20th November 2005, 06:02 PM
Orange are the best when it comes to "improvements"

/End of sarcasm.

Trix
2nd December 2005, 11:55 PM
Check out this site, it says they've got the N80 in stock and are selling for $581.00.

Go down to the bottom of the page, and next to the N80 click 'Buy Now'. The next page looks as if it is blank, but its not.

Scroll down, and then all the info is there.

If you click 'Buy Now' again it then prompts you for your credit card details!

Surely it cant be out already ! :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://emobileworld.net/gsmmobilephones.html

Trix
3rd December 2005, 12:06 AM
Well, it is so darn pretty!

Hands0n
3rd December 2005, 12:15 AM
@Trix - I was going to say that is probably a forward order but .... looking at the website it does indeed look like its an in-stock item. Although I am not sure if the Americans have the same Trading Standards requirements that we have become accustomed to here in the UK. It may be that they can really do this without there being stock, and hold you to waiting until they get it in!!! Not sure it would be good for business reputation but .... when buying from abroad Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware) becomes especially pertinent!!!

Just be careful...... as best you can.

Ginz
3rd December 2005, 12:19 PM
I really wouldnt have thought it would be available before March/April time at the earliest.

Yssybyl
5th December 2005, 10:27 AM
I can confirm - the N80 is not available for sale anywhere in the world yet. Retailers may have the sales packs and dummy models but there are no live handsets.