View Full Version : Free 6630 and 12mths free T/T600 Deal

3GScottishUser
11th November 2005, 03:02 PM
The Link have launched a 'this weekend only' special on their website that brings back memories of the 7600 deal from e2save last year.

Nokia 6630 Free
Talk & Text 600 12 month contract with 3 months 1/2 price from 3 and £315.00 cashback by redemption from the Link.

Total cost for phone and service - £0.00

Strange how this appears after 3 stating that they are trying to stop churn producing cashback deals. A very high profile contradiction to recent press comments by the compnay.

Still needs must I suppose and if you like the idea of this it's on until Sunday 14th November.

The Link Website: www.thelink.com

jayd
11th November 2005, 04:08 PM
It's all a bit misleading by the Link. It says 12 months no line rental on a 12 month deal but you can't claim your final cash back till month 18, by which time many will be well into a new contract and would have totally forgotten about this one.

Hands0n
11th November 2005, 04:30 PM
3 will have no real control over how The Link and others produce their respective Cashback deals. It really is up to the seller to decide how they want to structure this. The only control that 3 will have is retrospective i.e. by revoking their dealership status. But I wonder if 3 would be willing to do that to a national channel for their product. At least, not until 3 have their own high street shops in the mainstream.

Interesting aside - trying to access that URL produces no result at the moment. The Link's web server is not responding to .com or .co.uk versions of their URL (Google produces http://www.thelink.co.uk as the URL).

3GScottishUser
11th November 2005, 05:45 PM
I suspect the cashback form is a misprint as it actually states you claim with your 11th and 12th, 9th and 10th and 7th and 8th bills.

It definately states 12 month contract with free 12 months line rental.

Hands0n
11th November 2005, 05:56 PM
I would be very worried about entering into any contract with The Link where the Redemption forms are mis-printed. The last one says "£105.00 CHEQUEBACK – AVAILABLE AFTER 18 MONTS". I suspect that any court in the land would support The Link as it is the Buyers responsibility to ensure that any contract details are correct for their own purposes. Clearly, this form draws doubt upon either the length of the contract (supposed to be 12 months) or the redemption period (i.e. can you be expected to wait the full 18 months of a 12 month contract to gain your redemption?).

I hate any such confusion and stay well away, no matter how tantalising the offer appears to be. Someone once said "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is".

This one smells a bit stinky :eek:

cyberkid999
11th November 2005, 05:59 PM
I suspect the cashback form is a misprint as it actually states you claim with your 11th and 12th, 9th and 10th and 7th and 8th bills.

It definately states 12 month contract with free 12 months line rental.

this has been highlighted on another 3g forum and it is an error. you do not have to stay connected for 18 months but you cant claim the last part until after 18 months

3GScottishUser
11th November 2005, 06:30 PM
Bizzare arrangement. Far to complicated to be bothering with in that case especially as The Link has been on the market for a while.

solo12002
11th November 2005, 11:21 PM
How come everyone missed these? or did you.

http://www.three.co.uk/priceplans/PAYGcashPlans.omp

http://www.three.co.uk/priceplans/PAYGbundlePlans.omp

Hands0n
11th November 2005, 11:33 PM
How come everyone missed these? or did you.
We didn't miss these :p - they came out effective 1 Nov and there was some discussion on the lead up to the launch date. I even posted that I had topped up with an unlimited tenner to see how it went.:cool:

http://www.three.co.uk/priceplans/PAYGcashPlans.omp

The above is for the £10, £15 and £20 Cash Only "Unlimited time" top ups on 3's PAYG

http://www.three.co.uk/priceplans/PAYGbundlePlans.omp
The above is the link to their other Minutes & Text top ups on 3's PAYG but these do have the 30-day expiry in effect.

The Cash Only top up tariffs appear fairer to low-use people and likely to keep them on [or bring them back to] Threepay. The Minutes & Text top ups with the 30-day expiry are good for contractless use by higher spenders on 3.

Time will tell if these adjustments are going to be successful for 3. I hope they are.

Back on topic ..... From what Cyberkid999 says then The Link are going to hold you to the full 18 months before you get the final cash back. Okay, so the end result is indeed 12 months of £0 line rental. But why so complicated, dare I say misleading, and hard to understand at face value? As 3GSU suggests, this is far too bothersome to be taken at all seriously.

cyberkid999
12th November 2005, 09:03 AM
We didn't miss these :p - they came out effective 1 Nov and there was some discussion on the lead up to the launch date. I even posted that I had topped up with an unlimited tenner to see how it went.:cool:

The above is for the £10, £15 and £20 Cash Only "Unlimited time" top ups on 3's PAYG

The above is the link to their other Minutes & Text top ups on 3's PAYG but these do have the 30-day expiry in effect.

The Cash Only top up tariffs appear fairer to low-use people and likely to keep them on [or bring them back to] Threepay. The Minutes & Text top ups with the 30-day expiry are good for contractless use by higher spenders on 3.

Time will tell if these adjustments are going to be successful for 3. I hope they are.

Back on topic ..... From what Cyberkid999 says then The Link are going to hold you to the full 18 months before you get the final cash back. Okay, so the end result is indeed 12 months of £0 line rental. But why so complicated, dare I say misleading, and hard to understand at face value? As 3GSU suggests, this is far too bothersome to be taken at all seriously.

this is the quote I have seen elsewhere....

They do make you wait till month 18 for the last refund, but you have to send in bills 11 + 12.

You can cancel after 12 months.

Confirmed by The Link (who say they are getting lots of calls about the confusion)

Ring them on 0500 222 666 for confirmation.

3GScottishUser
12th November 2005, 10:03 AM
What a silly offer. Hopefully customers will ignore this deliberate attempt to frustrate them getting the redemption they are promised. Shameful that this small print is contained well away from the offer details on their site. All strictly legal but not what one would expect from a high Street major.

My advice: Steer well cllear.

Ben
12th November 2005, 11:37 AM
It does indeed sound like it's taking the redemption model about 10 steps too far. If you're willing to play the game in order to get a free phone (in a year and a half's time...) then go for it, but I'd definitely advise the general consumer to avoid this offer.