View Full Version : Nokia 6680 with HS-56W headset

MORPH
21st November 2005, 06:13 PM
OK, When I use my bluetooth headset it connects fine when I turn it on, and disconnects fine when I turn it off, and this is the case for a few uses, but after 2 or 3 on/offs with a few hours break inbetween it won't connect unless I reboot my phone. I have V 4.04.07 firmware. Any ideas?

Ben
21st November 2005, 06:23 PM
How irritating! I guess it's a firmware problem :( Might be worth getting it flashed?

Hands0n
21st November 2005, 11:48 PM
I have something similar happening with firmware V 2.04.15 in that occasionally, and with no apparent cause, the BT headset will no longer work audio with the handset. The button pushes work to cause the handset to go off hook, redial last number etc. but with no audio either via the headset or the handset itself. The only solution is to re-boot the handset.

This does not happen very often and I have not yet seen a pattern behind this behavior. But it is present on very much older firmware than Morph's handset, although the behavior is subtly different.

The problem is not severe enough to create a burning desire in me to have the handset reflashed................ yet.

MORPH
23rd January 2006, 09:29 PM
*Update* After returning it for 'repair' 3 times (which involved them merely reinstalling the firmware each time, after I informed them that the bloke at the Nokia service centre told me this would do no good!) Vodafone finally relented and gave me a brand new 6680, which so far, (touch wood) seems to be working fine.

Ben
24th January 2006, 12:07 AM
Ooo cool! Congratulations :D New battery and everything? If so, that's one hell of a bonus. Fingers crossed for you!

MORPH
24th January 2006, 08:27 AM
Yep, and they even let me have the memory card too, so now I have 2!

3g-g
24th January 2006, 03:31 PM
I don't know if I mentioned about this before, possibly not, probably on my "to post about" list. My 6680 is extremely tempremental with it's BT connections to handsfree devices, especially my car kit. Sometimes it likes it, sometimes it doesn't. I did mention it to the Nokia repair centre and as the car kit is SE the concluded that the differing manufacturers were the issue. So much for BT supposedly being a global standard?! Either way, I've now come to live with it as you can ask the car kit to re-initiate connections, which usually works.