View Full Version : The last problem you had

Ben
23rd November 2005, 12:34 PM
Now that things have stabilised somewhat in 3G it caused me to wonder what your last problem with a 3G phone and/or network was and what action you took.

The last issue I had was when I went to visit family in the midlands. My 6680 on Vodafone 3G lost signal for 'no reason' and failed to reconnect until I restarted the phone. It's happened to me once at home also, and I can only assume right now that it's a software glitch on the handset. I still intend to update my firmware, but I've not done it yet.

What was the last problem you had, and what did you do about it?

dgilbert2
23rd November 2005, 06:57 PM
Thats just the problem I had on Orange a few weeks ago. I have found that by leaving the phone set to "Manual Network" selection the problem goes away.

For me it happened when the phone lost signal and tried to search for another, but never did!

Ginz
27th November 2005, 07:38 PM
For two days I lost all use of my phone. It was rather a trivial problem because they were installing new 3G masts near to me. However, they didn't tell me and to make matters worse I couldn't send or receive calls and the same with text messages. I had to go in to the Voda shop and get it sorted.

Excellent outcome though with me on a Hero 3G tariff and now I've got full 3G coverage :)

gorilla
28th November 2005, 11:12 AM
Other than one or two dropped calls and having a walled garden I cannot report any problems.
I suppose that means that 3 are the best network now :eek: :D :D :p